Please help a new cruiser - quick question!

Princess itinerary states excursions are preselected i.e."am gold dredge, pm riverboat" "national history tour depart between 2-330" however these excursions are offered for a price on the website for the same days, as well. Are these already booked or do I have to choose a time and pay a separate fee? I am not understanding. Thanks!

I don't see that notation anywhere on my booking confirmation - I called to make the reservation through princess and was told these were part of the plan, but being a 1st time cruiser didn't know to ask about specific times/transportation and such. I was under the assumption the land portion was fixed but the website is confusing me! haha. I can call back tomorrow when there are hopefully decreased wait times.

I don't see that notation anywhere on my booking confirmation - I called to make the reservation through princess and was told these were part of the plan, but being a 1st time cruiser didn't know to ask about specific times/transportation and such. I was under the assumption the land portion was fixed but the website is confusing me! haha. I can call back tomorrow when there are hopefully decreased wait times.

I sounds like you've booked a land/cruise. If that's correct, some excursions are included (especially if it's a "connoisseur" cruise). The connoisseur includes most meals as well.

Try a google search for connoisseur land/cruise...you should see some links to Cruise Critic reviews.

Also, go on the Princess website and find your cruise (there's a separate button for the land/cruises). The description will tell you what it is.

AND have you joined your roll call (if one has been started)? They could answer your questions.

If you have more questions on any of this...post your date and ship here and someone will have an answer.:D

I meant, why would they be offered as excursions on the website for the same days if they are already supposed to be in the itinerary? is the itinerary a suggestion? The princess lines are busy at the moment. Thanks!

The excursions are listed for those who are only taking the cruise. There are 2 ways to book...cruise only or land/cruise.

They were included on our regular cruise tour. If you booked through a travel agent, check with him or her about upgrading from the Natural History Tour to the Tundra Wilderness Tour in Denali. We were glad we did.

I sounds like you've booked a land/cruise. If that's correct, some excursions are included (especially if it's a "connoisseur" cruise). The connoisseur includes most meals as well.

Try a google search for connoisseur land/cruise...you should see some links to Cruise Critic reviews.

Also, go on the Princess website and find your cruise (there's a separate button for the land/cruises). The description will tell you what it is.

AND have you joined your roll call (if one has been started)? They could answer your questions.

If you have more questions on any of this...post your date and ship here and someone will have an answer.:D

No I haven't found my roll call yet. Sept 1, 2018 golden princess whittier to vancouver (sept 8th)

It sounds like those excursions are already included in your cruisetour (does not matter if a Connoisseur or not). If you go to your personalizer and search in the Excursions tab, you should see them listed but will show as "Unavailable" in the box that should have the price. (I think).

Sent from my SM-G930R6 using Forums mobile app

The gold dredge and riverboat are included with all Princess cruisetours (other than On Your Own cruisetours) that have two nights in Fairbanks. The Natural History Tour is included in all regular cruisetours that have a night (or two) at Denali (not Connoisseur which have the Tundra Wildlife Tour instead and not On Your Own). The Natural History Tour can be upgraded to the Tundra Wildlife Tour (highly recommended to do so) or to the Kantishna Experience (if you have two nights at Denali). I've heard you can also drop the Denali tour for a refund if you want to do Denali on your own (don't know if you can drop the Fairbanks stuff).

We just completed an Alaska cruisetour and found the Fairbanks stuff more interesting that we expected. We also upgraded to the Kantishna experience. If you do Kantishna, this is a 12+ hour tour of the entire park road. Although Princess tells you 11 hours (plus shuttle from the Princess lodge), ours was actually 12:30 which when added to shuttle time made 13:15 door-to-door (our Connsoisseur tour director made an 8:00 dinner reservation for us assuring we'd be back in plenty of time (tour started with a 7:00 pickup at the lodge) - we didn't getting back until 8:15 and went right to the restaurant (no problem being seated at that hour despite being late)).

We also did the riverboat tour/Gold Dredge in our recent cruisetour. I figured it would be a cheesy tourist thing, which it was, but also quite interesting and more enjoyable than I anticipated! That being said, wouldn't feel a need to do it a second time, although the lunch (Miner's stew) was very good!

Sent from my SM-G930R6 using Forums mobile app