Does a travel policy cover if house is burgalarized prior leaving on trip?

mauimary

I haven't seen any answers on this question for a very long time. I am asking for our travel partners. We're all suppose to leave in less than a week and just today they found out their house was ransacked and the culperts found files and credit card information that was very well hidden. They went through everything while they were away for a few days. Now of course not only are they do not feel like traveling and will also have to shut down their credit cards used to travel. They also have info that could be used for an identity theft. Not a good time to be out of the country to say the least.

They do have travel insurance through I believe Travel Guard. They have not had time to check yet. Since I am the Cruise Critic dedicated follower I thought I would ask if anyone has any experience with this one and what did you do. Timing is never good but at least they are at home and not abroad on their cruise. I realized they need to make some calls but I'm checking to see if anyone has any feel for this situation.

Thank you in advance

The best answer would be to read the specific language in their policy. Since I have a policy for a future trip in front of me, I took a look. My policy states for trip cancellation "You and/or your Traveling Companion are the victim of felonious assault; have Your principal place of residence made uninhabitable by fire, flood or other Natural Disaster; or vandalism or burglary of Your principal place of residence within 10 days of departure." I would think the language in their policy and yours would be similar.

djett thank you for taking the extra time to look this up in your policy. They are pretty traumatized right now and do not even see how they would be able to leave. So much to sort out and deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums