Voyage 12/17/17 Schedule Change

mrlevin

Just received email from Regent via my TA that states in part:

Due to recent changes in Chinese government regulations, cruise ships calling in China are prohibited from calling on South Korean ports. To comply with this recently enacted legislation, we must adjust your client's itinerary. Seven Seas Voyager’s new itinerary is as follows:

DATE
DAY
PORT
ARRIVE
DEPART

Embark

Dec 17
Sunday
Hong Kong, China
1:00 PM
6:00 PM
Dec 18
Monday
At Sea

Dec 19
Tuesday
At Sea

Dec 20
Wednesday
Shanghai, China
4:30 AM

Dec 21
Thursday
Shanghai, China

5:30 PM
Dec 22
Friday
At Sea

Dec 23
Saturday
Kagoshima, Japan
8:00 AM
5:00 PM
Dec 24
Sunday
Kochi, Japan
10:00 AM
7:00 PM
Dec 25
Monday
Miyazaki, Japan
9:00 AM
5:00 PM
Dec 26
Tuesday
Nagasaki, Japan
7:00 AM
3:00 PM
Dec 27
Wednesday
At Sea

Dec 28
Thursday
Beijing (Tianjin), China
10:00 AM

Dec 29
Friday
Beijing (Tianjin), China

8:00 AM

Disembark

Our Destination Services team has created a collection of exciting shore excursions for Kochi and Miyazaki, Japan which are going to be maiden ports for Regent Seven Seas Cruises. Additionally, our new itinerary will provide an overnight in Tianjin, where your clients will have more opportunities to explore Chinese culture in Tianjin and neighboring Beijing. The new shore excursion options will be available by October 11, 2017, on
RSSC.com for selection. Your clients will also be able to choose shore excursions once they board Seven Seas Voyager. Our team will do their very best to ensure your clients receive their new selections.

Always love more time in Japan. Now I get to check out my Nationwide insurance which states a benefit for itinerary changes that occur prior to departure.

Marc

Edited by Marq

Very interesting information. I am surprised and a bit saddened that Regent does not go ahead and visit South Korea and perhaps skip the Chinese ports. Not meant as a political statement - I just don't like to see Regent or the U.S. react to threats.

I think it is mainly for logistical reasons. If there is a Chinese embarkation/disembarkation port, people have already booked flights to there and it would be very difficult to make a change so close to the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are booked for Asia in 2019.

I would be very upset if the Chinese ports (several are scheduled) and our pre cruise tour to the Great Wall were canceled in favor of South Korea (one port scheduled). Has nothing to do with politics. Has everything to do with travel.

I think it is mainly for logistical reasons. If there is a Chinese embarkation/disembarkation port, people have already booked flights to there and it would be very difficult to make a change so close to the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

From what the TS posted, it is about new Chinese laws so they are dictating where ships can and cannot go. IMO this is concerning.

A couple of years ago we were on a cruise (different cruise line) in the same area and just before departure we were told there would be an itinerary change because China would not allow the ship to dock in Shanghai if we went to Taiwan directly before or after the Chinese port. Fortunately it just meant a change in the order of the ports and a change to 1 Japanese port to accommodate the additional sea travel. China makes these dictates all the time.

Enjoy your new itinerary. We loved our time in Japan so i certainly wouldn't be unhappy changing the South Korea port for additional time in Japan.

Interesting information about China. This is likely why we decided to cancel two cruises that had port stops in China...... times in port changed (lessened), etc. At that time we decided that it was one place that didn't need to be on our bucket list. We love Asia and there are so many other wonderful places to visit.

We are on ship now that departed from Tokyo has two stops in Korea and ends in Shanghai. The stops are permitted only if you go to Korea before China. Hal had to cancel Korea ports because they were going in the other direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are on ship now that departed from Tokyo has two stops in Korea and ends in Shanghai. The stops are permitted only if you go to Korea before China. Hal had to cancel Korea ports because they were going in the other direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is also very interesting!

We are looking forward to our extra two days in Japan and extra day in China before going on five day post cruise in Beijing and Harbin. Both Japan and China are favorite destinations of ours. I found out from Nationwide that my insurance benefit is $1250 per person for a pre-departure itinerary change. Will see how it works as you have to claim after the cruise. With how often Regent changes itinerary pre-departure I might buy Nationwide all the time.

Marc

We are looking forward to our extra two days in Japan and extra day in China before going on five day post cruise in Beijing and Harbin. Both Japan and China are favorite destinations of ours. I found out from Nationwide that my insurance benefit is $1250 per person for a pre-departure itinerary change. Will see how it works as you have to claim after the cruise. With how often Regent changes itinerary pre-departure I might buy Nationwide all the time.

Marc

That sounds pretty sweet it it works out. Never heard of that type of insurance before. We are doing the post cruise in Beijing, just wondering/hoping if they will offer a tour that does not repeat what we will see post-cruise.

Linda

That sounds pretty sweet it it works out. Never heard of that type of insurance before. We are doing the post cruise in Beijing, just wondering/hoping if they will offer a tour that does not repeat what we will see post-cruise.

Linda

Been to Beijing three times; not taking Regent post; just going on our own for three days of shopping. Given the email, I think Regent will be offering tours around Tianjin; will have to wait and see if anything interesting.

Marc