Oceania R ships Cabins 6004 & 6005

CruisinPrawn

I notice that cabins 6004 & 6005 appear larger than other C1 cabins on the Oceania R ships. I have two cruises booked one on Insignia the other on Regatta and these are the only C1 cabins available. Are these cabins OK or is it too rough being so close to the front. Any comments on these cabins appreciated.

I notice that cabins 6004 & 6005 appear larger than other C1 cabins on the Oceania R ships. I have two cruises booked one on Insignia the other on Regatta and these are the only C1 cabins available. Are these cabins OK or is it too rough being so close to the front. Any comments on these cabins appreciated.
How rough is relative to your tolerance, They would be fine for me but DW not so much in high seas.

That said, forward can be bouncier, more pitch, than further back, deck 6 is lower down than many so that helps with less motion.

If you are very prone to sea sickness then mid ship as low as possible is best.

I haven't been in either of these cabins although I know many people love them for the super-sized veranda. But being very forward can be a problem -- as has been said. It can depend on your itinerary.

If you are doing the Caribbean or the Med, they are probably fine. If you are doing the North Sea ... maybe not so much.

I tend myself to be prone to mal de mer but that hasn't stopped me from booking forward cabins. Sometimes that's worked out very well and other times it has not!

Good luck!

Mura

Sorry Mura you are thinking of 6090 and 6091..these two are C1 and no balcony..

The problem with those two cabins although they are larger they are right over the showroom and I understand are quite noisy..I suggest you try to change if you are bothered by noise..7006 and 7007 are the same but no noise as they are one deck up..see if you can get one of those..

Jancruz1

We stayed in 6006 for an ATW. There is noise during rehearsal (around noon) for about an hour, as well as the shows. The show times are consistent-- no surprise or random noises other times at night. The noise level varied depending on the performers. I don't think any of the shows lasted past 10:30. If you were sensitive to noise, and wanted to be asleep before 10pm, it would not be a good spot on the ship. I do recall someone staying on the deck 7 C cabins also saying that they could hear the lounge noise, so this might be a little better, but not free from the sounds. Despite being early to bed people, the noise wasn't an issue for us.

Sorry Mura you are thinking of 6090 and 6091..these two are C1 and no balcony..

The problem with those two cabins although they are larger they are right over the showroom and I understand are quite noisy..I suggest you try to change if you are bothered by noise..7006 and 7007 are the same but no noise as they are one deck up..see if you can get one of those..

Jancruz1

My bad. Not the first time I've been wrong, that's for sure. I should have checked the deck plans to make sure I was really talking about the rooms I THOUGHT I was! Thanks Jan for the correction.

Mura

6004 and 6005 are very comfortable outside cabins, having stayed in 6004 and the comparable one on deck 7. They have more space than the usual outside, but no additional furniture. Ask your stateroom attendant for an extra chair for the seating area and it should appear. It did for us, anyway.

There is a round window, about 4 feet in diameter for looking at the sea. You won't miss much. As to noise from the showroom, unless you go to bed when the show is in progress you shouldn't be bothered with any! We weren't. The only noise we heard was on docking with the thrusters, but even that wasn't a problem, since on port days we wanted to be up and about at a decent hour to go ashore.

As to motion, it depends upon what area of our mighty seas you are cruising to.

Hope this helps! :)