Alaska - on board

marazul

We board the Sojourn for her last Alaska cruise of the 2017 season to morrow.

We are in Vancouver now and it is a beautiful day! !I have done the laundry and just need to rearrange some things into the two bags that will go with us on the ship tomorrow. The rest will stay in the car in Canada Place long term parking.

I have been reading some horror stories about the boarding process at Canada Place, hope that goes smoothly tomorrow.

I just finished up the post and pictures on our 3 days on Vancouver Island. We had a good time and the island is very pretty,

www.tigerbluecheese.blogspot.com

I will post on the cruise as we have internet.

Carolyn,

Loved catching up with your blog and reading about your adventures on Vancouver Island. Looking forward to your tales from the Sojourn and hope your embarkation tomorrow is smooth and quick I'm sure your DH will be happy to let the Captain do the driving for the next 12 days.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just added the last two days to the Blog along with some pictures. I will not intrude on the other live Alaska thread....this is their first time on Seabourn and sounds like they are loving it as much as we always do.

So far all is good, food, service and of course the staff.

We are in Ketchikan today and it is pouring rain. We got out and walked around and took some pictures. I will post those to the blog tomorrow in Sitka

http://www.tigerbluecheese.blogspot.com

Just added blog and pictures for Sitka and Icy Strait Point.

Sitka was very low key; we were the only ship in.

We had a beautiful day in Icy Strait Point.

Had breakfast with Art and His wife Ellie yesterday morning, the other Alaska poster..

We are in Juneau right now...sail at 11PM and it rained most of the afternoon. People in every place are telling us they have had more rain this summer than in many years. But we have always found (seven trips up here now) that rain often gets in the way of doing some of the tours. Alaska is just much wetter than the lower 48.

We have been invited to join the Assit CD's table tomorrow night...hope it is as much fun as the Chief Engineer's table was earlier. The food and service continue to be great.

Tomorrow Tracy Arm....hopefully we will not be stopped by Ice.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I sort of fell of the face of the earth...had a bad asthma attack after Wrangell and have been sick off and on. Then for some reason the internet became impossible and I was too tired to post after we got off the road each night.

I have the blog posted up to Alert Bay and disembarkation day Oct 3rd.

The last ports were the best. Will get the last days posted and a small review of the cruise in the next couple of days.

We still like Seabourn, but there were both the good and the not so good on this cruise.

We got home Mon night after 7 days driving. Arrived home with 3 lbs of our beloved cheese, Yummmmm! so mission accomplished!

We have come to the conclusion that for us camping and cruising are the only way to travel any more. The seven days home were filled with dirty service station restrooms, poor places to eat and old, used up motels especially in Canada and Washington state. It has been a long time since we did true road trip and didn't realize how spoiled we had gotten carrying our house behind us.

Thanks to everyone that followed our blog and for the help sorting out the tours we thought might be interesting.

www.tigerbluecheese.blogspot.com

Carolyn