re meat pies

They tell fibs sometimes, but then many do in a court of law, from both sides.

Enough of that rubbish, let us get back on the topic: Meat Pies. Walls in UK make good ones, big range of products, old company. Brian could tell us about them. www.walls-pastry.co.uk

Hi,never seen Walls pies here although the Mrs said her dad used to sell them in his grocery shop in Whitechapel,donkeys years ago.We get Walls sausages and bacon,we bring a load over in the cool box when we drive back in the new year.Just remembered,in most shopping malls like Lakeside etc there is a chain called The Square Pie Co. in the food court and they are quite unique with all sorts of fillings.You guys would probably like those.Cheers,Brian.

Hi,have you guys tried East End pie and mash.There are shops as far as Southend.We were both born in East London and the Mrs loves it.I'm not mad on it,a bit bland for me with the "cold water pastry" and runny minced beef.Worth a try when you're in the UK,cheers,Brian.

Crikey Walls have got a Chicken Tikka Slice ,we should send a box to both plumbers.! Is it worth having a whiparound and sending a few snag rolls as well.? Been to the UK many times and never seen this product. clear.png?emoji-wink-1685

You have to go into a decent supermarket like Sainsburys or Waitrose to get the Walls.

Hi,have you guys tried East End pie and mash.There are shops as far as Southend.We were both born in East London and the Mrs loves it.I'm not mad on it,a bit bland for me with the "cold water pastry" and runny minced beef.Worth a try when you're in the UK,cheers,Brian.

I was in Sarfend on Mud 2 years ago, did not see them. But might be in the area for a few days next year, pre or post cruises.:halo: Not finalised my itinerary yet after all the dramas with Adonia sale and cancellation of cruses. Grrrrr

Hi,never seen Walls pies here although the Mrs said her dad used to sell them in his grocery shop in Whitechapel,donkeys years ago.We get Walls sausages and bacon,we bring a load over in the cool box when we drive back in the new year.Just remembered,in most shopping malls like Lakeside etc there is a chain called The Square Pie Co. in the food court and they are quite unique with all sorts of fillings.You guys would probably like those.Cheers,Brian.

Been to Lakeside Brian, just off the A13 near the big roundabout, ye olde M25 !!

I was in Sarfend on Mud 2 years ago, did not see them. But might be in the area for a few days next year, pre or post cruises.:halo: Not finalised my itinerary yet after all the dramas with Adonia sale and cancellation of cruses. Grrrrr

Hi,theres one called Robins but its in the shopping area going towards the station.Theres another one in Lakeside foodcourt.The secret is to turn them upside down and smother them with vinegar.I use the chilli vinegar to enhance the flavour,lol,cheers,Brian.

Hi,theres one called Robins but its in the shopping area going towards the station.Theres another one in Lakeside foodcourt.The secret is to turn them upside down and smother them with vinegar.I use the chilli vinegar to enhance the flavour,lol,cheers,Brian.

Vinegar on a pie? Sacrilege.:loudcry: Has to be Tomato, BBQ or a bit of ye olde HP sauce, Brian.

Vinegar on a pie? Sacrilege.:loudcry: Has to be Tomato, BBQ or a bit of ye olde HP sauce, Brian.

Not with pie and mash,loads of green liquor and vinegar.Don't sound very appetising I know.Got to try it once,you might be surprised,cheers,Brian.

Vinegar!,Brian please get out of the Italian sun before your brain melts Refer to Uncle Les's comments for the condiments for Pies.Mrs Beat being from the UK has problems with the sun; also has big problems with me. clear.png?emoji-tongue-1703clear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704

Vinegar!,Brian please get out of the Italian sun before your brain melts Refer to Uncle Les's comments for the condiments for Pies.Mrs Beat being from the UK has problems with the sun; also has big problems with me. clear.png?emoji-tongue-1703clear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704

Mmmm Mrs Gut always claims to have problems with me. Must be because she’s hard to get on with.

I don't know how to post links.Just wikipedia "pie and mash" all will be revealed.Uncle Les's relos in Benfleet must know this,loads of Eastenders moved there after the war,cheers,Brian.

Proper Sarsons Malt Vinegar! Sorry Australia, your Malt Vinegar just isnt the same!

However, vinegar doesnt belong on meat pies!! Fish and chips, yes and lashings of the stuff on top of Macaroni Cheese, yes, but not meat pies!!

Cornwells is OK.;) But not on a pie. I prefer balsamic myself.

Naaah mate Irish, with the temper to match.

Mine's the same, Ancestors came out in 1860 from County Kerry. Must be the red hair and freckles that does it.:p:eek:

But then my Great Great Grandmother was from Belfast, N.I., no wonder we clash.:')

Mine's the same, Ancestors came out in 1860 from County Kerry. Must be the red hair and freckles that does it.:p:eek:

But then my Great Great Grandmother was from Belfast, N.I., no wonder we clash.:')

Red haired and freckles, yep that’s her.

And let’s say with a surname like Hogan before I rescued her, what else do you think she’d be? But her mob arrive long before 1860, her earliest were on the second cruise after Cookie got here.

As for me I’m a bit of mixed bag, mums side mainly Scotland, Ireland and a England, on dads mum’s side good Dutch stock, dad’s dad pure English from around Dorset and Devon.

I’m also honestly able to say that my Great, Great Grandfathers was a Lieutenant in the Royal Navy and James Cook (I just avoid mentioning that I’m talking about two different blokes).

Proper Sarsons Malt Vinegar! Sorry Australia, your Malt Vinegar just isnt the same!

However, vinegar doesnt belong on meat pies!! Fish and chips, yes and lashings of the stuff on top of Macaroni Cheese, yes, but not meat pies!!

Vinegar on mac & cheese,yuk.Turn the pies upside down,open them up,chilli vinegar and green liquor,yummy.

Vinegar on mac & cheese,yuk.Turn the pies upside down,open them up,chilli vinegar and green liquor,yummy.

Better stay close to the NHS you will need a Stomach Pump on that cuisine.Went to Burnham on Crouch a few years ago and had a Fish pie for dinner,best I have ever eaten. Brown's at Windsor also do a great Fishy.Sorry had to get topic away from vinegar!clear.png?emoji-roll-eyes-1744

Better stay close to the NHS you will need a Stomach Pump on that cuisine.Went to Burnham on Crouch a few years ago and had a Fish pie for dinner,best I have ever eaten. Brown's at Windsor also do a great Fishy.Sorry had to get topic away from vinegar!clear.png?emoji-roll-eyes-1744
Don,t forget I'm a plumber,constitution of an ox ,lol.You talking about fishermans pie,white fish,salmon and prawns with a mashed spud crust and cheese sauce poured over it.The mrs does one now and then,on the menu of most pubs here,cheers,Brian.

Don,t forget I'm a plumber,constitution of an ox ,lol.You talking about fishermans pie,white fish,salmon and prawns with a mashed spud crust and cheese sauce poured over it.The mrs does one now and then,on the menu of most pubs here,cheers,Brian.

Washed down with a nice, well chilled bottle of Pinot Grigio or perhaps even Prosecco. :halo:

Lubbly Jubbly, I can taste it from here.