Anyone swim with Dolphins?

Msmojo66

We are heading to Mexico in October and looking at taking some things off of our bucket list. Has anyone ever done the swim with dolphins in Mexico??? Looking at the place in Cabo San Lucas as well as PV. Anyone with 1st hand experience, advice greatly appreciated!!!

Watched it done in several places and Mexico routine seems similar as many others.

If the ethics don't bother you, a fun experience.

They offered shorter touch, fully interactive with swimming/pulling.

What really turned me off to this was the whole thing revolved around the pictures, theirs of which you had to buy.

thanks for that link.. that looks great.. they don't have an online contact, but I could call. Just wondering if this works with cruise stop timing.

This is mentioned on their website for cruise passengers:

CRUISE SHIPS: We arrange special later departures for cruise passengers. It will depend on the Cruise Line’s arrival time to port. Please contact us to check the itinerary that will apply for you. ** PICKUP AT CRUISE SHIP, we can offer you a private Van with City Tour included after Dolphin Tour, if interested ask us for costs and details.

• 2 weeks later...

We did the signature swim in Puerto Vallarta when my twins were in kindergarten. My mil joined us. Everyone had fun. Just expect to pay the $100 for the pictures and that it is all very managed- not exactly free spirited. b602e17f557e614f3897e002793b1ae9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
We did the signature swim in Puerto Vallarta when my twins were in kindergarten. My mil joined us. Everyone had fun. Just expect to pay the $100 for the pictures and that it is all very managed- not exactly free spirited. b602e17f557e614f3897e002793b1ae9.jpg

Did you book this one through the cruise? Or on your own? We are taking our 4 yr old grandson there in November , want to swim with dolphins

Thanks

So our experience was about 6 years ago. We booked the signature swim and a sea lion experience directly and thought it was set figuring if they bumped us for cruise passengers we'd know before sailing and then could just book through ship.

Well as we were leaving port (and losing cell/email service) we got a notification we were rescheduled. The new time of course would mean we'd miss the ship. Under a lot of stress we did manage to keep the dolphin swim but could not fit in the sea lion experience. We called and tried to explain our time was limited without saying we were on the cruise ship. We decided at the end of the day we should have booked through the ship. It was our first cruise and I speak Spanish and have been to Mexico a few times so I am comfortable booking directly. But now if a provider specifically has a contract through the cruise we go through cruise. If not, we book directly.

So this last cruise for example we booked our on own two of the port days. One of the day's my girls wanted to do the big zipline. Since Vallarta Adventures ran that excursión we booked that day through the cruise ship.

Edited by crAZytwinmomma

thanks for that link.. that looks great.. they don't have an online contact, but I could call. Just wondering if this works with cruise stop timing.

We used their Contact Us form and were pleased with their response. Once they'd contacted us via their email, we just emailed back and forth:

http://www.wildlifeconnection.com/contact-us/

• 1 year later...

Trainers wrestle dolphins into a sling in order to hold it underwater to the limits of it's breath. This asserts dominance over the wild creature to break it and allow for further training. Food deprivation and torture are how these dolphins learn to do tricks for your amusement. If you've ever spent money on a dolphin show or swim with dolphin program, you paid for this to continue.