Solstice booking table in MDR

Aussie One

You can’t book a table in advance. If you are in Select dining you book a time to dine and then ask the hostess for the table you like. They won’t guarantee the table but will seat you there when it is available. You can book the times in My Celebrity dining. If it is traditional dining you should go to see the maitre’d on boarding and ask for your chosen table. I don’t know how successful that would be as we always choose Select.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are just off Celebrity Solstice and had Select dining, we asked for the same time and table number each night. Made reservations when we boarded with maitre'd.

This has never been the case for us. We were always told that you could reserve a time but not a particular table although you could always request it and wait for it to become a available. We were on the Solstice for 6 weeks and they definitely would not allow a table to be reserved, only a time slot. Very happy to hear of this change as we board the Eclipse in 2 weeks.

Thank you for your replys i meant in the MDR not select dinning the table you was allocated at the beginning of the Cruise Aussie

For MDR I understand you will have a card in your cabin giving your table number. Your only chance of changing to your preferred table is by requesting it with the Maitre’d on boarding.

gratuity's have not been paid by my travel agent can i still go into select dinning ? thank you

Aussie

Gratuities are automatically included for all cruises booked with an Australian travel agent or the Australian Celebrity website for any cruises worldwide. The gratuities is included in the price you paid, this changed approximately a year ago

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Even if the gratuities had not been paid you could still go in Select. They changed the rules about paying tips in advance if you want Select dining. No difference now between traditional and Select as far as tipping is concerned.

Even if the gratuities had not been paid you could still go in Select. They changed the rules about paying tips in advance if you want Select dining. No difference now between traditional and Select as far as tipping is concerned.

This has never been the case for us. We were always told that you could reserve a time but not a particular table although you could always request it and wait for it to become a available. We were on the Solstice for 6 weeks and they definitely would not allow a table to be reserved, only a time slot. Very happy to hear of this change as we board the Eclipse in 2 weeks.

Regarding Select Dining, this is correct. They will try their best if you request a particular table or server for Select, but there are no guarantees ;). As you say, you can pre-request a time slot (on line too via you My Celebrity account - if it works :rolleyes:). You can also include other pax from other reservations; we currently have 7 pax on 3 different reservations linked for one table in Select each evening, but they will not guarantee the same table ;).

Edited by villauk

So if Gratuities are not paid or stopped as a lot of passengers do and tip by envelope you are still entitled to use select dinning is this called my time dinning thank you Aussie

When you arrive at the same time each night (I had reservations) I believe they work with your requests. The first night of my last cruise I wasn't impressed with the service, but the second night was good so we requested the same staff for the rest of the cruise and got them.

So if Gratuities are not paid or stopped as a lot of passengers do and tip by envelope you are still entitled to use select dinning is this called my time dinning thank you Aussie

Yes. Select Dining is the same as My Time but is not called that by Celebrity. They used to insist that tips had to be paid in advance in Select. The reason was that you might have different waiters every night. Now the tips, if not paid up front, are added to your account daily. We always pay the tips when we pay the final balance. We did this long before Select Dining but that’s our choice and it’s up to everyone how they deal with this. Please, please don’t let this thread be turned into yet another one on people cancelling gratuities.

I gather you are an Australian citizen and your booked your cruise on an Australian website? If you have as I said previously the gratuities are included in your total fare and therefore you cannot deduct the gratuities when you get on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We left tips on our account. We ate in the main dining room every night for the first time ever on Celebrity....we also tipped extra in envelopes the last night because we have never had better service, even when in suites and eating in specialty restaurants on other Celebrity cruises. I honestly believe the auto tips are a good thing and then extra rewards for excellence are so important. Just our take on it all!:halo: