Ruby Princess and Rum Runners...

klfhngr

Please forward mine too as I will be bringing booze on board on my next cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My remarks that were dragged up from 3 years ago had nothing to do with smuggling.There was a CC member advertising, on the roll call that he knew all the employees at the Brooklyn and was bragging how he could use his influence to get the entire roll call into the preferred boarding area thereby taking all the seating from the people that earned the status.

Just 3 months on cruise critic and you are the moral authority?

How long should it take to realize that smuggling alcohol/ drugs aboard the ship or smuggling them through U.S. Customs and Border Protection is against the cruise line's policies and a violation of Department of Homeland Security laws?

It took me about 90 minutes to read all the policies sent to me by Princess, including the terms of carriage contract. If you read that, did you immediately think that Princess was trying to be a so-called "moral authority" ? I didn't. What does "moral" have to do with it? Seems to me as if cruise line sets down those policies for very sound, logical reasons.

Same thing with the laws against smuggling drugs/alcohol into the U.S.A.

Why would passengers encourage others to violate the policies of the cruise line, along with the laws of U.S. Customs and Border Protection?

Last week, we were on the phone with a travel planner at Princess. Apparently, many staff members at Princess read this board. How much interest does Princess mgmt. have in affiliating with CC when they see passengers openly encouraging others to violate the policies of the cruise line and the laws of the Dept. of Homeland Security?

How much interest does Princess have in supporting CC when passengers advise other passengers that they don't need to attend Muster Drill?

What part of this is not understandable? Doesn't take very long for most reasonable adults to discern that no means no.

How long should it take to realize that smuggling alcohol/ drugs aboard the ship or smuggling them through U.S. Customs and Border Protection is against the cruise line's policies and a violation of Department of Homeland Security laws?

It took me about 90 minutes to read all the policies sent to me by Princess, including the terms of carriage contract. If you read that, did you immediately think that Princess was trying to be a so-called "moral authority" ? I didn't. What does "moral" have to do with it? Seems to me as if cruise line sets down those policies for very sound, logical reasons.

Same thing with the laws against smuggling drugs/alcohol into the U.S.A.

Why would passengers encourage others to violate the policies of the cruise line, along with the laws of U.S. Customs and Border Protection?

Last week, we were on the phone with a travel planner at Princess. Apparently, many staff members at Princess read this board. How much interest does Princess mgmt. have in affiliating with CC when they see passengers openly encouraging others to violate the policies of the cruise line and the laws of the Dept. of Homeland Security?

How much interest does Princess have in supporting CC when passengers advise other passengers that they don't need to attend Muster Drill?

What part of this is not understandable? Doesn't take very long for most reasonable adults to discern that no means no.

My post has absolutely nothing to do with flaunting the rules,it has to do with who has given you the right to preach to other adults?

The people preaching to other adults here are the posters who encourage passengers to disobey verbal instructions from the ship's officers and crew.

The people preaching here are the ones encouraging others to disobey written instructions and policies from Princess' corporate office.

The people preaching here are the ones who encourage passengers with illnesses to disobey instructions from the Medical Officer that they must remain in their cabin until their body temperature returns to normal or have gone 24 hours without vomiting.

If they're allowed to preach that safety and security policies be disobeyed, and it's okay to smuggle alcohol and drugs, or disobey Captain's instructions to passengers-- then certainly I'm allowed disagree with that.

Edited by EastBay Cruisers

The people preaching to other adults here are the posters who encourage passengers to disobey verbal instructions from the ship's officers and crew.

The people preaching here are the ones encouraging others to disobey written instructions and policies from Princess' corporate office.

The people preaching here are the ones who encourage passengers with illnesses to disobey instructions from the Medical Officer that they must remain in their cabin until their body temperature returns to normal or have gone 24 hours without vomiting.

If they're allowed to preach that safety and security policies be disobeyed, and it's okay to smuggle alcohol and drugs, or disobey Captain's instructions to passengers-- then certainly I'm allowed disagree with that.

Yep!

Tom

The other cruisers on this thread are opining about what they do and don't do on a cruise.You have taken it upon yourself to PREACH to them like they are little children and you are their parent.It must be a tremendous burden being the moral authority for an entire cruise line! Just MYOB!

The other cruisers on this thread are opining about what they do and don't do on a cruise.You have taken it upon yourself to PREACH to them like they are little children and you are their parent.It must be a tremendous burden being the moral authority for an entire cruise line! Just MYOB!

So, free speech for me but not thee?

Sign of the times.

C'mon now -- if one group of people are allowed to advocate smuggling, then another group of people are allowed to disagree. You really cannot have a thread where you allow one group to speak out and everyone else is told to "hush up" or MYOB. You're free to side w/ the smugglers, and I'm free to side with the non-smugglers.

I don't want to be silenced just because you disagree with me.That's not how this board operates.

C'mon now -- if one group of people are allowed to advocate smuggling, then another group of people are allowed to disagree. You really cannot have a thread where you allow one group to speak out and everyone else is told to "hush up" or MYOB. You're free to side w/ the smugglers, and I'm free to side with the non-smugglers.

I don't want to be silenced just because you disagree with me.That's not how this board operates.

I've seen many of these smuggling threads removed entirely. CC prefers that it not be discussed in great detail or perhaps some folks just reported the comments so that it was removed.:confused: