Egg drop

the brit

Haven’t really noticed that lately but have seen a paper airplane challenge.

I think that too many passengers were bringing or preparing something in advance to sailing so it may have been discontinued because of that.

Same as the table tennis tournament. Passengers are bringing their own paddles. It is getting too serious to win a trinket, taking the fun out of it and keeping others from participating.

Went to a Wheel of Fortune game years ago to kill some time. People were yelling out the answers before the first letter was given. The CD said that it has never happened before as they must really be experts and fans ( or B2B or constant cruisers) of the show. NO FUN left after a few rounds. They got a few tickets for their efforts of “winning”.

Happy cruising 🌊🛳🇺🇸🌅

We did egg drop on Eclipse Southern Caribbean and it was one of the most fun things we've ever done. Some of the contraptions were really clever and I don't recall anything except bragging rights as a prize. My egg survived but I missed the drop zone by a mile!! :D

Regardless if they have it on our cruise or not just wondering - could you have used anything you brought on board or only what was provided by the ship? Can't stand those who did things on other cruises like trivia an bring notebooks with answers.

With the egg drop you could only use things that were on board the ship....with the exception of some clothing items.....there were some very clever uses of bras.....most of them didn't work! But you couldn't use stuff like bubble wrap unless you got it on board from one of the shops. I used a zip lock bag, water, a tissue box, tissues, a towel, pillow and pillow case, rubber bands and DH's handkerchief......like I said, my egg didn't break but it was too heavy to float so it missed the landing zone by about 6 feet! But it was more fun than anything I've ever done on a ship!!

One of the most clever wrappings was an entire loaf of bread (from the buffet) that was hollowed out for the egg. Not only did the 3 eggs have to survive, but the team member had to go fast to unwrap it, to get more points. They had 3 requirements: unbroken eggs, fast unwrapping, and get in the target.

It was on the last 3 or 4 cruises, both TAs and Caribbean cruises. So fun to watch. Next time I'm actually going to do it. I've seen what works and what doesn't. I love the hot glass show prizes they give!!

One of the most clever wrappings was an entire loaf of bread (from the buffet) that was hollowed out for the egg. Not only did the 3 eggs have to survive, but the team member had to go fast to unwrap it, to get more points. They had 3 requirements: unbroken eggs, fast unwrapping, and get in the target.

WOW Claudia we didn't get hot glass show prizes.....that's some prize!!! Plus we only had two goals: don't break it and land in or as close to the target as possible. No prize for 1 out of 2! I don't remember any prizes at all and if there were they weren't much. I would remember hot glass prizes...I LOVE that stuff!!