Were There Changes to the Spa Café???

MsSoCalCruiser

I am currently on the Millennium, cruising from Vancouver to Japan.

I had lunch in the Aqua Spa Cafe today, and grilled salmon, tuna, chicken breast and pork loin are definitely available. The salmon and tuna are also available poached, and a couple of other moist cooking methods.

At either entrance to the Aqua Spa Cafe, there is a large (24" x 40") framed and backlit permanent menu that lists the items, including the ones I mentioned above. I will try to get a photo of the menu tomorrow and post it here. I will also check on whether you can get the Smoothies and Sundaes included with the Classic beverage package.

The Aqua Spa Cafe is one of my favourite things about Celebrity, and my lunch today of Grilled Salmon and Grilled Asparagus was as good as it's ever been.

Each time I sail on X, something has been discontinued. Each time, I wonder what will be next. Starting think seriously why I should keep sailing on X. With prices increasing and services decreasing, I wonder what will next to be eliminated.

The vast majority of the posts to this thread say chicken and salmon cooked to order is still available in the Spa Cafe, so I'm not quite sure of the point of your post here:confused:

Oh and OP, thanks. I didn't know this was an option either. I will pay closer attention to a menu next time.

Phil

We had read about the spa café and we're looking forward to trying it. We especially liked what we read about ordering salmon and grilled chicken that was prepared to order.

Last night I read a post that stated this was no longer available. Does anybody know if this was correct or are you still able to order freshly prepared salmon and grilled chicken from the Spa Café? If anyone is on a cruise and able to post the menu it would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Thanks for posting this, I did not know about the Salmon, Tuna etc. I am looking forward to eating here on the Silhouette.:)

This is from the Reflection from this last week:

Sorry, noticing that the picture is blurry - too many margaritas, I guess ;).

The choices were:

Cured Artic Char with baby greens and honey mustard vinaigrette

Broiled, Steamed, Poached Salmon or Tuna

Grilled Shrimp with mango chutney

Grilled or Seared Chicken Breast served with choice of steamed or grilled vegetables

I had lunch in the Aqua Spa Cafe today, and grilled salmon, tuna, chicken breast and pork loin are definitely available. The salmon and tuna are also available poached, and a couple of other moist cooking methods.

The Aqua Spa Cafe is one of my favourite things about Celebrity, and my lunch today of Grilled Salmon and Grilled Asparagus was as good as it's ever been.

Thanks Elena. I'm looking forward to this next month on Equinox. Enjoy your cruise. I love Japan.

We were on Silhouette in the Baltics a month ago. A generous salmon filet was my wife's lunch each sea day. No issue. We did notice, per usual, that few people knew it was even available. One more reason to join CC.

... or go here for the 'sample' menu, as well.

bon voyage

At either entrance to the Aqua Spa Cafe, there is a large (24" x 40") framed and backlit permanent menu that lists the items, including the ones I mentioned above. I will try to get a photo of the menu tomorrow and post it here. I will also check on whether you can get the Smoothies and Sundaes included with the Classic beverage package.

Thank you! I wonder which cooking method is the best? I love grilled asparagus!

Sorry, noticing that the picture is blurry - too many margaritas, I guess ;).

The choices were:

Cured Artic Char with baby greens and honey mustard vinaigrette

Broiled, Steamed, Poached Salmon or Tuna

Grilled Shrimp with mango chutney

Grilled or Seared Chicken Breast served with choice of steamed or grilled vegetables

Thank you! Will I be able to order margaritas and grilled shrimp every day? :)

We're just off Eclipse and Aqua Spa is our favorite place for lunch on port days. I don't eat fish, but DH was pleased....the make your own salad has plenty of choice and the desserts are low cal and delicious...especially the bread pudding. My only complaint: Not enough tables! The do seem to have handled the people who park at a table for 4 after b'fast to play cards all day, but it can still be very hard to find a table. As for the smoothies, they are not free unless you have a beverage package.

Thank you! Will I be able to order margaritas and grilled shrimp every day? :)

Yes, that sounds like a great idea, although I believe you will need to get your margaritas at the pool bar or other bar. I may be wrong, but I think only healthy drinks are available at the Aquaspa Café (although a case could be made for the health benefits of a margarita). :D

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you ... that will be just in time for when we sail on the Equinox in November.

Hello! I just wanted to let you know that we were able to order the salmon at the aqua spa café. Our choices were grilled, steamed, boiled, or poached. We tried the grilled and the poached and both were very, very good!

• 2 weeks later...

Currently on the Equinox sitting in the Spa Cafe. It is no longer called the Aqua Spa Cafe because too many passengers thought it was only for Aqua passengers.

There has been many revisions that started 10/16/2017 They no longer have a salad bar. They now only have premade plates. The menu items like tuna, chicken and salmon are no longer available.

Totally different than what it was.

. 2a0c2803f27c9aa801e5421190084860.jpge820220dd08c61fed6886d4fb78be835.jpg

I am telling it like it is now and inserted pictures to prove it. May be different on other ships but for now it is what it is. Asked about the grilled items and was told that it started on this cruise for this ship.

Happy cruising [emoji305][emoji924][emoji631][emoji560]

Currently on the Equinox sitting in the Spa Cafe. It is no longer called the Aqua Spa Cafe because too many passengers thought it was only for Aqua passengers.

There has been many revisions that started 10/16/2017 They no longer have a salad bar. They now only have premade plates. The menu items like tuna, chicken and salmon are no longer available.

I am telling it like it is now and inserted pictures to prove it. May be different on other ships but for now it is what it is. Asked about the grilled items and was told that it started on this cruise for this ship.

Wondering if this will change immediately on all Celebrity ships. Loved the Aqua Spa Cafe menu on our last few Equinox cruises and was looking forward to it again on our 12/8/17 Reflection cruise.

We ate there three times for lunch 'this week on the Equinox and didn't notice any grilled chicken or salmon. Perhaps we missed it? I don't recall seeing it on the menu board either, and had even commented to my husband that I thought they had had grilled salmon last time we sailed in 2014.

They had bowls of quinoa with cranberries and tomatoes, soba noodles, spinach salads, tuna salad, and crab cakes, as well as a few other small plates. They had three kinds of bread stick/rolls and apple oatmeal cookies. They didn't offer the infused waters that I recall from 2013/2014.

Oops, just saw the post with pics. Yes, that is what was offered.

Started earlier - was not available on the September 25th departure.