Upsell offer received for Club Class mini suites

Camelia-

Hi there,

Just this weekend my aunt booked a mini suite (guaranteed) on the Regal Princess. Today she received an email with an upsell offer asking if she wanted to upgrade to a Club Class minisuite for an additional $149 ($216 Cdn). I did a quick review and it seems to me that as an Elite member she might already be entitled to some of the perks (like priority boarding etc); stocked minibar etc. I realize that these cabins are better situated but I'm wondering if it's really worth the extra money?

Hi there,

Just this weekend my aunt booked a mini suite (guaranteed) on the Regal Princess. Today she received an email with an upsell offer asking if she wanted to upgrade to a Club Class minisuite for an additional $149 ($216 Cdn). I did a quick review and it seems to me that as an Elite member she might already be entitled to some of the perks (like priority boarding etc); stocked minibar etc. I realize that these cabins are better situated but I'm wondering if it's really worth the extra money?

If she's elite, the only new advantage is the "club class " dinning. Not sure why the $149 would be $216. The current exchange rate is much less than that.

Thanks all for your quick input. The $149/$216 Cdn was what they were quoting in the offer. However it looks like, other than the club class dining, there is no real benefit to her accepting this offer. I'm assuming that as an Elite member she would get the minibar AND the wine in that case? It's a moot point..just curious. Hopefully the next person on the list will be able to enjoy this offer. Meanwhile I must say that seeing the word UPSELL in the subject line was a bit of a thrill...too bad the offer wasn't for a suite..lol!!!

Thanks again!

The 1/2 bottle of wine at embarkation is a club class perk not a Elite one. But really the only thing she would get is club class dining, mid ship space and the 1/2 bottle of wine - Not really worth it to me

Yes, length of cruise is important in the equation. But the $216 CAD is totally ludicrous and out of line (45% upcharge). Who did she book with? Must be from Canada or booked in CAD to have this offer? Is the pricing from a TA - perhaps a US-based TA trying to offer CAD. Whatever you decide, don't pay it in CAD for goodness sake. I would try and find out just who is ripping you off at 45%. Can't be the rate booked at with Princess.

We did the upgrade on our last cruise. Other then the location change the upgrade was not worth the additional cost. The two half bottles of wine did not get opened and are now sitting on the bar to be opened at a later date. The priority boarding did not matter being the lines were moving fast and the CC dinning was not used being we had chose the assigned time and liked the group at our table. If it was a Mini Suite upgrade as I have had in the pass I would take it with no reservations.

Happy Trails

:whiskey-glass:

With Club Class comes the ability to eat whenever you want in the dining room, no wait.

Plus, they have one item not on the menu that gets prepared table side. I would take the upgrade to try it out, IF I was interested in eating anytime without a wait, and if I was curious about the table side preparation. At $149 per person, it doesn't sound like too much to try it. Is $22 per day worth eating whenever you want?

When you see the cattle-call line for the dining room and there's the door with a sign "Club Class" where you can walk right in ... breakfast and dinner. Maitre 'd and waiters remember your name and preferences ... same window table if you prefer it ... I agree with jennybenny ... try it ... you might just like it.

Yes, length of cruise is important in the equation. But the $216 CAD is totally ludicrous and out of line (45% upcharge). Who did she book with? Must be from Canada or booked in CAD to have this offer? Is the pricing from a TA - perhaps a US-based TA trying to offer CAD. Whatever you decide, don't pay it in CAD for goodness sake. I would try and find out just who is ripping you off at 45%. Can't be the rate booked at with Princess.

Yes she is in Canada and paid with Canadian funds. Funny thing is that she booked directly with Princess so I guess that means that Princess is the guilty party!

When you see the cattle-call line for the dining room and there's the door with a sign "Club Class" where you can walk right in ... breakfast and dinner. Maitre 'd and waiters remember your name and preferences ... same window table if you prefer it ... I agree with jennybenny ... try it ... you might just like it.

That does sound tempting..lol..and it does make me curious...hopefully one day I'll get such an offer!

Yes she is in Canada and paid with Canadian funds. Funny thing is that she booked directly with Princess so I guess that means that Princess is the guilty party!

Well she must have booked a very long time ago. And it is terrible of Princess to offer such an awful exchange rate for a current transaction. Obviously if this offer is still on the table and you can pay in USD, then do it that way. Current exchange is around 25% and Princess is selling new bookings at 20%.

(I just checked and CAD has not been at 45% in the time possible to book such a cruise. The worst it was is around 40% and Princess too at beginning of 2016). Anyway, just pay it in USD and forget CAD situation I guess).

Well she must have booked a very long time ago. And it is terrible of Princess to offer such an awful exchange rate for a current transaction. Obviously if this offer is still on the table and you can pay in USD, then do it that way. Current exchange is around 25% and Princess is selling new bookings at 20%.

(I just checked and CAD has not been at 45% in the time possible to book such a cruise. The worst it was is around 40% and Princess too at beginning of 2016). Anyway, just pay it in USD and forget CAD situation I guess).

Can you believe that she only booked this Saturday? She received one of those Princess Players emails offering those great prices! You're right..it really is terrible now that I think about it!

You could probably "bribe" the Maitre'd for less then the upsell cost :).

Hank

Just wondering what the sailing date is.....I'm booked in a mini for Feb 2018 and would like to know how early Princess posts upsell offers so I can keep my eyes opened.

She will be on the Dec 10th sailing and is really excited!