Live Muse Inaugural Voyage Ft Lauderdale to Valparasio-13 October to 31 October 2017

spinnaker2

Nice to hear that the Muse's crew are remaining up to their normal standard.

Re fogging of cameras - I tend to leave them on the balcony out of their case, if the weather is particularly humid to acclimatise to the temperature - this usually does the trick but Silver Spectre is the person to ask - his photos on the last cruise were super.

It is a very green Master Echo wishing you a super cruise and keep us posted with your updates!!

Kindest regards

Master Echo

Trivia today. The existing team allowed me to join. We did ok. Lots of fun!

Weather remains humid and hot. We have seen several container ships otherwise nothing but occasionally some fly acting displaced seaweed.

I am too afraid to leave my camera outside. I may try the hairdryer on the lens trick tomorrow.

Last nights performance was a comedian magician. We did not attend but reports are he was funny.

Must get formalized now. Like in the wizard of oz in emerald city.

Fancified. Bijouxed and coiffed.

Hahahaaaaaa

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Another beautiful sea day.

Spent some time talking future itineraries with Baarie, the cruise consultant.

LaT now has a red carpet down the middle of the sweating tile floor. The best planning didn't anticipate the condensation issue, which is a big problem. A crew member told us this was the first time it has happened and likely it is because of the excessively high humidity in the tropics.

Just came back to our room and an entire ziplock bag of broiled salted cashews had arrived! DH asked for cashews. Well, here they are. And a lot. It's Silversea and its how the crew works. Kudos.

The cashews and the excellent service both sound super great. Appreciate these nice updates and follow-ups on the various questions. Been busy with work projects and with grandsons in Virginia over this past weekend. Just now catching up. If I can help with any picture postings, just e-mail to me. Happy to post here. What ports are upcoming? Did you mention as to how full is the ship? Where are you considering for future cruises??

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 188,613 views for this posting.

Mr silver

I have nothing to compare old menus with to comment.

La t is always the same. Never changes. They offer more choices, but, not like before where every three days it is different.

I don't think indochine changes either.

Pool menu is definitely different. A grilled spit food offered every day. DH had tuna sandwich yesterday, it looked fantastic but had no taste according to spouse.

Onion rings are minced bits fried.

As mentioned today's buffet fabulous.

Rudi, SS Culinary Director has been on board since NY, and will stay until Calloa, he was working on some menu changes when I last spoke to him last week. If you wish to speak to him he can be found in the Humidor most mornings.

Nice to hear that the Muse's crew are remaining up to their normal standard.

Re fogging of cameras - I tend to leave them on the balcony out of their case, if the weather is particularly humid to acclimatise to the temperature - this usually does the trick but Silver Spectre is the person to ask - his photos on the last cruise were super.

It is a very green Master Echo wishing you a super cruise and keep us posted with your updates!!

Kindest regards

Master Echo

Thanks ME, almost all my photos were taken with the iPad, and I'm not sure how it would handle high humidity. I used the plastic bag trick with a camera in the past.

Very well attended trivia.

Funny that Jimmy gives away an answer during the mid day announcements.

We don't get them in our suite, and no way to hear the old way on tv. One must be in corridors or by pool to hear them.

A work in progress.

The ship rides nicely.

Agree with comments on the avant garde art, for the most part it doesn't speak nicely to me but it is provocative. The glass artwork is beautiful.

To me, the theme of the muse could be termed "muted". The mushroom color scheme is soft. The artwork is a sharp contrast.

Cloudy day in Puerto Limon.

I was up very early and saw a pod of frolicking dolphins off the bow, port side.

Looks like lots of pax did excursions once we reached port.

Last night we dined in the Grill poolside only to be moved under cover once the rains came.

Grill now uses plastic plates for the most part, except for a small plate for the grilled food placed in front of the hot rock.

New salad selections and no more apple pie.

Bibs are large apron style things that attach around ones neck with a collar and Velcro.

So hot yesterday!

Do most of the crew members remain from the previous voyage that ended in Fort Lauderdale?

We are preparing to write our report on the YUL to FLL voyage. For those of you who have been on both voyages, how much has changed after FLL? Thanks.

Hello all.

No internet in Panama Canal. Obs lounge completely full of pax, many of whom got up at four am to get a seat.

We went up top, as Obs lounge no longer has an outside deck. Still extremely crowded.

Very humid and I felt very much as if I was in a jungle movie. Lots of thunder and lightening.

We were able to see the silver explorer as she went before us in the locks.

When we sailed past a prison, the prisoners went wild. Screaming and posing up against the fence.

Dinner at the grill with lots of flying ants.

Tropical!

Crew, many from the Spirit as I mentioned, continue to provide superlative service. I don't know who got on in Fll, so many we know from other cruises.

Food at grill was good.

I can't go to atlantide again, too much for my allergies. Elegant but new fabrics have fumes.

No lime bowl at the counterpart of Seishin for lunch.

Pool grill very busy and service perfect. Tayfun and Eileen do a great job with the crowd.

Still fighting a cold.

Today King Neptune converts the polliwogs.

Did you go through the old or new canal?

So sorry to hear about the problems with allergies in Atlantide. We thought it was the most comfortable of the restaurants on board although we preferred Indochine's cuisine.

Hope the remainder of the trip continues to be pleasant.

Afraid I am losing days. I have been quite sick.

Today Manta Ecuador. We just took the shuttle into town and immediately back.

We had to cancel our excursion due to my being ill.

Started antibiotics last night.

We have been eating dinner en suite from the room service menu. Was ok.