Email from Celebrity about Important Announcement Tomorrow - Fake News / Edge Update?

blueboro

Found this about the rest of Europe..

Celebrity Infinity

In 2019, Celebrity Infinity will return to Europe for the first time since 2014, offering seven- to 12-night itineraries with visits to some of the most popular countries in the region, including Italy, Malta, Greece, and Croatia.

With alternating seven-night sailings from Venice to Rome and Rome to Venice, Celebrity Infinity offers travelers the flexibility to create even more immersive vacations by booking back-to-back itineraries for a 14-night tour of the Mediterranean. These combined sailings have no repeat stops along the way and include an exciting overnight stay in the gorgeous city of Venice.

Celebrity Constellation

Celebrity Constellation will also be returning to Europe in 2019 with exciting new itineraries, including visits to a brand-new port of call, Rijeka, Croatia. Modern luxury explorers will be able to choose from a variety of nine- and 10-night itineraries sailing from Venice, Barcelona, and Rome; Celebrity Constellation will immerse guests along the Dalmatian Coast, the French Riviera, Italy, Spain, and the sun-soaked Greek Isles. The alternating sailings offers guests the opportunity to book nine- and 10-night itineraries back-to-back, creating unbelievable journeys across Europe.

Celebrity Reflection

For the 2019 season, Celebrity Reflection will call Dublin and Amsterdam home and offer a wide range of itineraries for unparalleled European vacations, with eight- to 12-night sailings across northern Europe, from the British Isles to Scandinavia, Russia, and Iceland.

Travelers will visit iconic ports of call across the region, including Reykjavik, Iceland; Lerwick, Scotland; Belfast, Northern Ireland; the Norwegian Fjords; St. Petersburg, Russia; and many more, including overnight stays in Dublin.

Celebrity Silhouette

Celebrity Silhouette returns to Southampton in 2019 to offer a variety of three- to 14-night sailings to some of the most iconic destinations in Europe, including Scandinavia to Russia, the Norwegian Fjords, Ireland, and Iceland. Guests will enjoy overnight stays in St. Petersburg, Russia, where they can enjoy everything from the Russian Ballet to visits to the Hermitage and the famous palaces of the Russian nobility.

Other exciting cities along Celebrity Silhouette’s Scandinavian season include Amsterdam, Berlin, Copenhagen, Helsinki, Stockholm, and Tallinn. The ship will also venture to Ireland and Iceland for adventurous 12- and 14-night sailings.

Another waste of time for me. Give us the rest of the Edge, those who are already booked, or keep your stupid ideas about "reveals" to yourself. LPP has made this a mockery. Nothing interesting or new here either. These ships are in the Med and Europe. Put a good ship other than Summit in NJ now that you have Equinox permanently in Florida or give us all a break and stop the baloney of "big news".

Pat C

Another waste of time for me. Give us the rest of the Edge, those who are already booked, or keep your stupid ideas about "reveals" to yourself. LPP has made this a mockery. Nothing interesting or new here either. These ships are in the Med and Europe. Put a good ship other than Summit in NJ now that you have Equinox permanently in Florida or give us all a break and stop the baloney of "big news".

Pat C

New Jersey is not the center of the world!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Pat C

Calm down. With Infinity going to Europe there are definitely going to be some switches of ships. Could be interesting.

Pat C

Pat, all I have to add is "put a good ship all year long in NJ." If they are truly expanding the fleet, which we have been told on our last 2 cruises that they were, then this should not be a problem.

Only Celebrity could manage this - note on UK website

Don’t jump ship. We are currently undergoing some planned maintenance on the website. We expect to be back shortly. Thanks for your patience.

��������������

Could be loading the itineraries

Pat C

Here Here!!!!! Agree completely. Bring back a newer bigger ship to NJ. Not interested in Anthem at all.

Their big reveal reminded of the scene in "Christmas Story" when he decodes the message from little Orphan Annie and it's a lousy commercial for Ovaltine.

Sherry

One of my fav movies!! I just quoted the above story this past weekend and yes applies to this “reveal” for sure. Ha!

Just the spring; the other wasn’t open. I called CC and that was what Mo said...S1...5246 pp.

Thanks. I just got off the phone. We are booking a land excursion for France in 2019, which leaves from Paris. If we can get the schedules lined up, we will be getting on this one!

Possibly although it was released 1pm UK time, almost 9 hours ago !!!!

The e:mal that went out in North America said they would be online by 5;30 eastern time, so still 90 mins here. I'm surprised you got the info 9 hours ago! it was only released in North America 90 mins ago.

It is obvious for Summer 19 that Solstice and Eclipse go to Alaska, Summit stays in NJ and Millenium in Asia.

Millennium will return to Alaska for summer of 2019 as usual most likely doing the one way North/South run between Vancouver/Seward. My guess is Solstice goes to Vancouver to replace Infinity on the round trip Vancouver run (since Solstice had special mods to fit under the Lions gate Bridge) and Eclipse goes to Seattle replacing Solstice on the round trip Seattle run.

By replacing Infinity with a Solstice class ship they can increase capacity without adding a 4th vessel (approx an additional 700 lower berths per sailing - roughly a 30% increase over Infinity).

The big question now is what happens with Equinox/Summit. Do Equinox and Summit stay "same as" from previous year(s) or do they flip flop with one another. Seeing the challenges Celebrity have traditionally had to consistently fill Summit to Bermuda I would guess it stays "same as" :(