Cancelled Cabin release

antsp

Does anyone know how quickly a cancelled cabin goes back on sale, was thinking of cancelling a cruise booked on a £2 deposit and rebooking it

If you want the same cabin, I wouldn't cancel cause once you do there is no guarantee someone else might grab it.

I wonder if there is a computer waiting list program that would snag a cabin the moment the cancel button was pushed thereby causing it to be locked up immediately.....

Bob

Once a cabin is cancelled it goes back into inventory immediately and if rebooked quickly you will get it back. I know because we have done it. We also have snagged a cabin that was in a waitlisted category once a cabin was available.

When you cancel it could be immediately removed from inventory....or still be available. Keep in mind that there are alway many guarantee bookings, and they can immediately be matched to an available cabin.

Hank

I can tell you firsthand that yesterday I cancelled a cruise around 1600-1630 hours and rebooked the same cruise. At 1715 hours when I was talking to the Princess rep, our cancelled stateroom was available and we snagged it again.

I have rebooked through Princess lowering my rate by 100's of dollars. Lost some perks but they weren't worth the reduction in base fare. The handled it happily and quickly. Two days later they called and gave me an upgrade for no additional cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When you cancel it could be immediately removed from inventory....or still be available. Keep in mind that there are alway many guarantee bookings, and they can immediately be matched to an available cabin.

Hank

I can say that this is happened to me personally. My first Norway/Iceland T/A (2015), I was on the phone with my T/A doing the ole cancel and immediately rebook. She cancelled me and when she tried to rebook the same cabin it was gone. I ended up paying for a more expensive suite to keep my wake view.....:):):)

Bob

Maybe the rebooking might be okay, if there are cabins available in that category with no waitlist?

Those AFT cabins are very popular, and could easily have a waitlist of cruisers who are still hoping to get one, and then cancel their current booking?

I think I have heard that canceling a rebooking can be an issue, if there are no cabins left in that specific category... Like the limited number of Window Suites.

Re-faring should not be a problem before Final Payment Date. And many of the lower fares offered after Final Payment might be 'for new bookings only'.

We could have cancelled our cabin on our last Alaska cruise, and then later, re-booked during the price drops, and saved a good amount of money. But, we knew we wanted that specific cabin/area, and did not want to risk it.

Edited by Wishing on a star

I can't imagine any cabin that is so much in demand it would be snapped up as soon as it was released. I'm sure you will have time to rebook if you do it in a timely manner.

We were on one sold out cruise that had a number of people with GTY bookings and cabins not yet assigned.

Apparently when a cabin is released, the computers do not immediately go to the GTY list to assign it and the cabin can remain available for booking by anyone for hours.

On our sold out cruise, there were always posts by vigilant cruisers that x number of cabins were suddenly available. When that happened, some with GTY booking would call in to get one of those now available cabins assigned. Usually within an hour, the cabins were available no more and there were posts saying they called in to get the cabins assigned.