Hotel with Free parking close to Manhattan Port

heatheranderson13

Does anyone have any insight or experience with free parking at a hotel that is relatively close (less then $70 cab fair) to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal.

We will have two cars so by the time we park two cars at the terminal for 10 days it costs 800US and we are driving from Canada.

Thanks in advance

Your best bet is to stay the night before at a New York area airport motel - at JFK Days Inn and Hilton, for example - among many others - offer 7 days free parking- there may be comparable ones at La Guardia - which is closer to the cruise port - but both are less than $70 cab fare. Most will charge for extra days if you stay for more days than seven

Does anyone have any insight or experience with free parking at a hotel that is relatively close (less then $70 cab fair) to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal.

We will have two cars so by the time we park two cars at the terminal for 10 days it costs 800US and we are driving from Canada.

Thanks in advance

Free parking close to Manhattan........not going to happen. Almost every hotel I have stayed in town charged between $35-$75 a day to park

We've driven and stayed at Residence Inn in New Jersey, quick cab ride over and free parking. East Rutherford was the area I believe.

If you want to stay in Manhattan, I recommend driving to Syracuse and then taking the train, it's the same amount of time, and cheaper than gas, and leave the car for $5 for the week at the train station. Then cab around NYC, and cabs are really cheap compared to here.

If you're in Quebec, then a train from somewhere across the border is the way to go.

Edited by SuiteCruiser

We've driven and stayed at Residence Inn in New Jersey, quick cab ride over and free parking. East Rutherford was the area I believe.

If you want to stay in Manhattan, I recommend driving to Syracuse and then taking the train, it's the same amount of time, and cheaper than gas, and leave the car for $5 for the week at the train station. Then cab around NYC, and cabs are really cheap compared to here.

If you're in Quebec, then a train from somewhere across the border is the way to go.

We have also stayed at that Residence Inn in East Rutherford and like it very much! We haven't left our car there while cruising, but I do recommend the hotel. There is also a Fairfield Inn right across the street which I imagine is a bit less expensive and probably also offers free breakfast and parking. We take the bus that stops at that intersection into the city, which works really well without luggage but probably not with.

There is direct bus service from Albany with free parking. Or drive to Poughkeepsi and park there- about $35/week? With a group of people, you can buy a 10 pack of Metro north tickets that take you to Grand Central, beautiful ride in. then a cab to port.

There is direct bus service from Albany with free parking. Or drive to Poughkeepsi and park there- about $35/week? With a group of people, you can buy a 10 pack of Metro north tickets that take you to Grand Central, beautiful ride in. then a cab to port.

Getting from a motel in Albany or Poughkeepsie to the station and boarding the train to New York then taking a taxi to the cruise terminal might save a few dollars, but that is a lot of hassle. Driving to a motel at a NY airport then taking a taxi direct to the cruise terminal the next morning is a whole lot easier - especially because you have to do the reverse on the way home --- adding hours of transit time at each end of the cruise.

Stayed at Marriott Lexington using rewards points in 2014 and arrived early Saturday evening for Sunday Breakaway departure. U.S. Open week so hotel was packed w tennis people. Asked for parking advice at the hotel. Concierge and baggage person pointed out that street parking is free on Sunday. So I parked across the street (48th?) and paid a parking meter a few hours worth to cover what remained of Saturday night. And that was that.

Well, not quite. I could see our car from the hotel room and have to admit that I peeked a couple of times during the night and first thing in the morning to make sure my aging Volvo was still there.

Stay in Staten Island or NJ. There's a few hotels in Staten Island with free parking.

But getting from Staten Island into Manhattan with luggage on public transit is not something I would recommend. I used to live there..... But maybe now there is a bus that would take luggage?

I'd consider any outlying area that you could get shuttles or trains from which take luggage easily. A taxi would be great but for how many people and how many bags? Even 2 cabs would be worth it.

When returning, taxis in Manhattan may not want to take you to new jersey but car service will. I think a popular one is Dial 777.

You are on the right track doing your research first. The departures or ports board will aid you.

Edited by RMLincoln

Hilton Meadowlands. Park for free. They have a Shuttle bus that will take you to the train to take you to grand central station. They do have a private van that will take you to the pier I Believe they charge us $40 to $50. + tip

Thanks all. I have found a few hotels with stay park and cruise options so leaning toward that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you name the hotels you're considering there may be posters who are familiar with them and can tell you whether they'd recommend staying there.

Thanks all. I have found a few hotels with stay park and cruise options so leaning toward that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trinityreservations.com for NY cruise port. Quote is tax included. They arrange car service for about $70 each way from the hotel.

Greetings from Guatamala!