Geo Blue trekker annual policy

vkb2751

we have cancellation and trip interruption coverage with credit card and are looking for medical and evacuation coverage only. Have been reviewing Geo Blue annual policies. Do any of you have any experience with these policies? Comments and/or suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you

Vinod

Having retired and now able to do multiple cruises a year, we have purchased an annual policy from them for the last 2 years. This was as you said for medical and evacuation only. Our cc also covers the trip stuff. I do it all online, pay with cc, receive all paperwork through email. Previously we purchased ins for each cruise when reserving. This is much more economical IMO if doing multiple international trips or cruises in a year's time. Ins policy is one year from date of purchase. Ours runs Oct to Oct. Hope this helps.

Like Mrs Cheech....we have had our GeoBlue policy for several years. Since we travel about 7 months a year we find that GeoBlue policy perfect for our needs as it covers every trip (for up to 70 days). That being said, we have never had to file a claim...so cannot comment on how well they settle claims. But since its tied into the BC/BS network...we assume claims are handled in a normal manner. Another bonus about GeoBlue is that they do have enrolled hospitals and physicians scattered around the world. If you are able and choose to use an enrolled provider, they will likely except assignment from GeoBlue...which means you would not have to layout the cash (or credit card) and later seek reimbursement. Some folks are not aware that with most travel med...the patient must pay the bill and later submit to seek reimbursement.

Hank

the pre-exisiting situation is not clear with Geo Blue --their policy states there is a 6 month look back --that wouldn't work for me, however other info states you are covered if you have U.S. medical coverage I am afraid to trust this. Anyone aware of this ?

• 4 weeks later...

We are also looking into GeoBlue after a whopping $1200 quote for travel insurance through a CC recommended agent. Too many bells and whistles included!

Found this on page 16 of the Voyager Trekker policy

Pre-existing conditions are covered under this plan as any other condition, subject to the terms and exclusions listed in the policy.

Then this in the definitions

Pre-existing Condition means any disease, illness, sickness, malady or condition which was diagnosed or treated by a legally qualified physicianprior to the effective date of coverage with consultation, advice or treatment by a legally qualified physician occurring within 6 months prior to theCoverage Date for the Covered Person.

Edited by Alaskanb

• 2 months later...

Purchased a Geo Blue policy this past March for my wife and myself. We both needed medical care at walk in clinics.

One was in Sydney, Australia and the other in Calgary, Canada. I filled both claims online and claims were paid in less than 30 days.

Very happy with the process.