Post cruise hotel stay Perth

sandwish

I'm looking for opinions. Will be Perth next Feb for 2 🌃. Looking at 3 hotels: Pan Pacific; Best Western Terrace; Alex Hotel. Have good rates from all. I have read lots of reviews on all 3, looking for anyone who has stayed at any of these. Thanks!

I'm looking for opinions. Will be Perth next Feb for 2 🌃. Looking at 3 hotels: Pan Pacific; Best Western Terrace; Alex Hotel. Have good rates from all. I have read lots of reviews on all 3, looking for anyone who has stayed at any of these. Thanks!

We stayed at Miss Maud's in Perth. It has a great location and the food at the restaurant is fantastic. It has a Swedish Smorgasbord. Rooms are not luxury, but clean and comfortable.

We stayed at Miss Maud's in Perth. It has a great location and the food at the restaurant is fantastic. It has a Swedish Smorgasbord. Rooms are not luxury, but clean and comfortable.

Thanks, that's one I have checked out. Seems popular

Not related to the hotel question, but please take the train down to Freemantle - it's a great old small city with lots of old buildings, a lovely park, a vibrant water front café/restaurant area (including a micro brewery and a couple of very good Fish 'n' Chip Shops). And there's the original cricket ground and the Prison if you want to see how grim life was for the unfortunates who were transported from England.

Trains to 'Freeo' are frequent and the journey is around 45 minutes or so - easy to do Perth one day and Freeo the next. The Perth Mint Tour is also very good - see gold being smelted and weigh yourself to see how much you would be worth on the Gold Bullion Market - I was worth a lot more than Mrs Marchie so she made me go on a diet when we returned to the UK ... As close to a million dollars as I'm ever likely to get :D

The hotels in Perth are all very central there is a free hop on hop off bus that take you to places to visit it run very regular times Marchi was correct going to Fremantle but go on the Captain Cook ferry about $20 include tea coffee and a cookie plus commentary of the river then come back by train about $4 try looking at the Good Earth hotel The hotel rooms at the moment are very cheap have a G/day Aussie

• 3 weeks later...

The Alex hotel is lovely, it's only a couple of years old and quite boutique, it's located in Northbridge though so you will have to cross over the train line which is fine. The Pan Pacific is a little bit further out of the CBD, it's right on the edge so depending on how mobile you are you might need to catch the bus into the cbd and then hop on the train out to places.

The buses within the CBD are free, you can catch a free bus up to Kings Park and around again, we have the CAT network which takes you to the outer edges of the CBD.

The best Western Terrace hotel is right on the main street in the CBD, and probably a 5 minute walk to one of the 2 train stations.

If it was me I'd either stay at the Alex hotel or terrace hotel as they are the newer ones.

Miss Mauds is up for sale at the moment, so I'm not sure the one that you mention above will be there.

If you want to stay at the Crown, stay at the Crown Towers, it's pretty much brand new and is beautiful and has amazing views but you will pay for it. The Crown hotel itself is okay, if you get a really good rate go for it, but it's not close to the CBD, you will have to train or bus it.

Thanks to all! We do plan on going to Fremantle and plan on taking Captain Cook cruise there and train back. Plan to stay at Pan Pacific. Some great rates right now!;p

Oh just saw this, the Pan Pacific used to be the Sheraton hotel in Perth, it was bought out several years ago now. One of the restaurants in the hotel does a lovely high tea on a Sun, you can get unlimited champagne with it.

You'll just have to hop on the bus to get into the cbd to catch a train, or enjoy the walk if you don't mind walking