Cuba travel warning

Noxequifans

I have one booked for next yr. Wonder what Oceania will be doing about this.Anyone know....please share.

Without getting into political issues, I really don't think you have to worry, Alexandra. Only American diplomats have been affected, not a single tourist or Cuban.

If worse came to worst, Oceania would simply send you to a different island.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Without getting into political issues, I really don't think you have to worry, Alexandra. Only American diplomats have been affected, not a single tourist or Cuban.

If worse came to worst, Oceania would simply send you to a different island.

Canadian officials as well. And apparently some family members too. True, not wide spread though.

Oceania Cruises' voyages to Cuba will operate as scheduled. The safety and security of our guests and crew is always our first priority and we continue to maintain the highest security standards as we do in all ports of call.

There have been no reported incidents involving tourists or other cruise ship passengers. Reported incidents have been isolated to diplomats and government officials residing on the island. Our shore excursions and tour locations have been thoroughly evaluated and none are military owned or operated. The visa issuing process for our guests remains unchanged.

We continue to believe that the best way to travel to Cuba is via cruise ship and look forward to continuing to offer our guests the opportunity to explore Cuba’s beauty, culture and friendly people.

Bob Binder

President and CEO, Oceania Cruises

The attacks the diplomats and their families suffered through were done over a long time while in buildings. Tourist on cruise ships doing day tours have nothing to fear as far as similar attacks.

I think we have to respect the State Dept. travel warnings and stay away until things clear up. Better safe than sorry.

The attacks the diplomats and their families suffered through were done over a long time while in buildings. Tourist on cruise ships doing day tours have nothing to fear as far as similar attacks.

I would REALLY like to know your source of information to support such an emphatic conclusion.

We're on board with Binder and Jan......at least, we hope to be as soon as the fraidy cats and worrywarts start canceling their bookings so spaces open up in the affordable cabins. Book'em, Danno!

Be afraid; be very afraid.

And if something happens, what are you going to say So Sorry. Did not think it could. Binder and Jan are in the business of selling cruises. No cruises no profit so I would take what they say with a grain of salt.

And if something happens, what are you going to say So Sorry. Did not think it could. Binder and Jan are in the business of selling cruises. No cruises no profit so I would take what they say with a grain of salt.

You sir, do not know what you are talking about..I believe you are only trying to stir up trouble..please do not go to Cuba if you are concerned!!

Jancruz1

We're on board with Binder and Jan......at least, we hope to be as soon as the fraidy cats and worrywarts start canceling their bookings so spaces open up in the affordable cabins. Book'em, Danno!

Be afraid; be very afraid.

I like that reply - we’re going - are you ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oceania Cruises' voyages to Cuba will operate as scheduled. The safety and security of our guests and crew is always our first priority and we continue to maintain the highest security standards as we do in all ports of call.

There have been no reported incidents involving tourists or other cruise ship passengers. Reported incidents have been isolated to diplomats and government officials residing on the island. Our shore excursions and tour locations have been thoroughly evaluated and none are military owned or operated. The visa issuing process for our guests remains unchanged.

We continue to believe that the best way to travel to Cuba is via cruise ship and look forward to continuing to offer our guests the opportunity to explore Cuba’s beauty, culture and friendly people.

Bob Binder

President and CEO, Oceania Cruises

Hey if Binder and company want to be accountable for liability of events unknown thats good enough for me. I'm taking the cruise to Cuba and using Oceania excursions. I've been in worse situations and survived without an incident.

The sonic attacks happened in the embassy and hotels where diplomats were staying and happened over quite awhile. The govt included tourists in the warning because they might be staying in hotels.

We cruisers are staying overnight on our ship and will only be in Cuba for a total of 4 days. What is there to fear? We'll be touring in cars and buses. We're going in December and are very excited. There's more to be afraid of in Europe! ;)

I would REALLY like to know your source of information to support such an emphatic conclusion.

I'm not the person who posted the warning you're objecting to, and, frankly, i haven't heard anything about the duration of the exposure. However, the common denlminator among all the affected individuals is a building -- either a hotel or an embassy. You may be reassured to learn that SCIFS, Special Compartmented Information Facilities, used to require metal walls to defeat electronic spying. I'll state the obvious: Ships are made of metal.

If I were visiting Cuba, even with the news about the mystery illness, a ship is the exact place I'd want to be.

Hey if Binder and company want to be accountable for liability of events unknown thats good enough for me. I'm taking the cruise to Cuba and using Oceania excursions. I've been in worse situations and survived without an incident.

They will find something in the fine print to show they are not accountable.. And it is not my concern but the State Dept. that is putting out the travel advisory of "Do Not Go To Cuba". Should consider taking their advice not mine.

If the advice not to travel is an official US government advisory would this negate your travel insurance, say if you were taken ill or even lost luggage?

:confused: not sure what your point is

US insurance is not provided for CUBA that is why the cruise line is including Cuban health ins in the fare

Hopefully any lost luggage would appear before the ship sails from MIAMI if not you could buy something onboard or just have your clothes laundered until you return to the USA

Take a change of clothes in your carry on just like flying anywhere ..luggage can go astray

most Cuba cruises are a week or less

If anyone does not feel comfortable going to another Country whether there is an advisory or not then you should not go

There are some Countries I will never travel to ... it is my personal choice

YMMV