Bus transfer from Seward to Anchorage airport

TwinMamainMN

We will be 6 people (3 adults and 3 kids ages 10, 10 and 6 when we travel). The train transfer is expensive for all 6 of us and leaves port very early in the morning. We are considering using a bus to get us to the airport, and will spend one night in Anchorage so we can avoid a red-eye flight home. We need to stow our daughters wheelchair below, in addition to our luggage.

We are aware of the Alaskan Railroad Park Connection Motorcoach. Is there another option that is better?

We will be 6 people (3 adults and 3 kids ages 10, 10 and 6 when we travel). The train transfer is expensive for all 6 of us and leaves port very early in the morning. We are considering using a bus to get us to the airport, and will spend one night in Anchorage so we can avoid a red-eye flight home. We need to stow our daughters wheelchair below, in addition to our luggage.

We are aware of the Alaskan Railroad Park Connection Motorcoach. Is there another option that is better?

Have you tried Alaskacruisetransfer.com ? They have early booking transfers and group specials if you have six or more people.

Have you tried Alaskacruisetransfer.com ? They have early booking transfers and group specials if you have six or more people.

I checked into this. The discount is 10% off if you have 6 adults. We have 3 adults and 3 kids which is cheaper anyway. Couldn't find anything about whether they can accommodate a wheelchair for storage with the luggage, so I emailed and was told NO, they cannot accommodate a wheelchair that does not fold (since our daughter is going to be 10 at the time, she has a small manual wheelchair, and it does not fold). So that option is out for us for sure.

Thanks for the tip! I will check them out!

I'll recommend them too...We've used this transfer bus option and had great service with them..They indeed have a group discount there was 6 of us including a toddler, we had lots of luggage and a stroller. Nice large comfortable bus with onboard restroom. We took it from Seward-ANC but I believe they also then drop off at a couple of hotel's too...checkout their website.

http://www.alaskacruisetransfer.com

I have been looking at ACT transfer for my family of five, and also found another company that could be an option for you. It's called Anchorage Tours and Transfers and it also offers a private transfer service for small groups. It doesn't book online like ACT so you would need to call or email them anyway to ask about your daughter's wheelchair. Their website is http://www.whittierbus.com.

I have booked with PJ's taxi. I am in a wheelchair. It is a 15 passenger van. The owner Renee is a local resident and came highly recommended on both TA and CC. She makes trips to both Whittier and Anchorage for a flat fee. I believe it is 400 for Anchorage and 350 for Seward. She has been wonderful to deal with and has given me some great insight to the town of Seward. https://www.pjstaxi.net/

Hope that helps.

Edited by Ski Mom

I have booked with PJ's taxi. I am in a wheelchair. It is a 15 passenger van. The owner Renee is a local resident and came highly recommended on both TA and CC. She makes trips to both Whittier and Anchorage for a flat fee. I believe it is 400 for Anchorage and 350 for Seward. She has been wonderful to deal with and has given me some great insight to the town of Seward. https://www.pjstaxi.net/

Hope that helps.

Great going Ski Mom. Many of us don't have an appreciation of your challenges. I'm happy that it worked out well and your price is only a little more than you would pay for a coach and you have plenty of room and private transportation.

Great going Ski Mom. Many of us don't have an appreciation of your challenges. I'm happy that it worked out well and your price is only a little more than you would pay for a coach and you have plenty of room and private transportation.

Thanks I admit it was very overwhelming at first when I started planning this trip having never been to Alaska and being a new wheelchair traveler.I am so glad I found Cruise critic you all have been so helpful!!

There is a later train ride through Alaska RR (not through RCCL). While it is expensive, it was like an excursion for me as it is a beautiful ride (though a bus ride would see the scenery also). I really did enjoy the train and being able to get up and walk around.

And the trains are accessible.

https://www.alaskarailroad.com/node/420

There is a later train ride through Alaska RR (not through RCCL). While it is expensive, it was like an excursion for me as it is a beautiful ride (though a bus ride would see the scenery also). I really did enjoy the train and being able to get up and walk around.

And the trains are accessible.

https://www.alaskarailroad.com/node/420

Coral I took your suggestion and I am taking the am train one way from Anchorage to Seward to spending the night in Seward and taking Pjs taxi straight to Whittier. I am really looking forward to both!

Have you looked into renting a van from Hertz in Seward? There'll be a drop off fee but since there's six of you it may work out cheaper than other transport.

We thought that would work, but made a phone call to Hertz in Seward and were told they have no minivans or larger vehicles. We would have to rent 2 vehicles to make it work.

Hope that helps.

This is super helpful!! Thanks for sharing this recommendation!

This is super helpful!! Thanks for sharing this recommendation!

SkiMom! Thanks SO much for this suggestion, we are going to book with her too. Great price and more flexibility. Since our kids will be 10, 10 and 6, this will be very helpful for us!

SkiMom! Thanks SO much for this suggestion, we are going to book with her too. Great price and more flexibility. Since our kids will be 10, 10 and 6, this will be very helpful for us!

Your so welcome! I'm so glad it worked out for you!

Do you think PJ's Taxi would do a transfer from Whittier port to our hotel in Anchorage? There will be five of us.

I have no specific knowledge either way, but it can't hurt to ask! The owner is Renee and she responded really quick to my initial email yesterday, and then again when I confirmed we wanted to book with her. I'm impressed so far!