Regal Princess Guarantee Cabin - When Was It Assigned?

FlaMilkman

My wife and I booked the October 21st sailing of the Regal out of N.Y.C approximately two weeks ago. At the time of our booking, most balcony cabins were guarantee only. Of course we know that we will have a balcony cabin, and yes we know that theoretically we might not know until the day of departure, but we were curious how close to sailing your cabins were actually assigned.

Thank you!

We put a hold on a guarantee balcony room on 9-11.

Paid for it in 9-14 when I got vacation apporval from work.

Same day, received notification of upgrade to category D4 and assigned a cabin. The notice said to call within 48 hours if we didn't want the upgrade.

We are on the same Canada cruise on the Regal as you for Oct 21.

Very happy with the assigned cabin and looking forward to this trip. Our first time on Princess.

We put a hold on a guarantee balcony room on 9-11.

Paid for it in 9-14 when I got vacation apporval from work.

Same day, received notification of upgrade to category D4 and assigned a cabin. The notice said to call within 48 hours if we didn't want the upgrade.

We are on the same Canada cruise on the Regal as you for Oct 21.

Very happy with the assigned cabin and looking forward to this trip. Our first time on Princess.

Congratulations on your upgrade! Of course, now I am more confused than ever (my wife would say that isn't a hard thing to accomplish). We are on the same cruise and you were not only provided a cabin assignment but also an upgrade. We have been on Princess several times (last time in May). We booked and paid for a BF balcony category cabin a couple of days after you and are still awaiting our cabin assignment.

I'm sure there is some logic to the process - it simply must be above my comprehension. As I mentioned in my original post, I know that I will have a balcony cabin on the ship so I'm not going to stress too much about it. Having said that, I would like to know sooner rather than later.

Congratulations on your upgrade! Of course, now I am more confused than ever (my wife would say that isn't a hard thing to accomplish). We are on the same cruise and you were not only provided a cabin assignment but also an upgrade. We have been on Princess several times (last time in May). We booked and paid for a BF balcony category cabin a couple of days after you and are still awaiting our cabin assignment.

I'm sure there is some logic to the process - it simply must be above my comprehension. As I mentioned in my original post, I know that I will have a balcony cabin on the ship so I'm not going to stress too much about it. Having said that, I would like to know sooner rather than later.

Have you checked your luggage tags? We are on the Oct 26 cruise and about 2 or 3 weeks ago, I was curious what our tags would look like without a cabin assignment. Lo and behold, we had a cabin. Paid for an obstructed balcony guarantee and got a deluxe balcony.

The TA only notified us last week that we had a cabin assignment.

Have you checked your luggage tags? We are on the Oct 26 cruise and about 2 or 3 weeks ago, I was curious what our tags would look like without a cabin assignment. Lo and behold, we had a cabin. Paid for an obstructed balcony guarantee and got a deluxe balcony.

Thank you for the suggestion but we have been checking both the luggage tags and boarding passes all along. The luggage tags say "to be assigned".

Hi FlaMilkman, hope you get your cabin assignment soon. When you do, please come back and let us know. I am interested to see what you wind up with.

We also booked a BF guaranty but have no assignment, but our sailing is not until January. It seems that the BF rooms are their least expensive non obstrucred balconies, so they use them as incentives to book. They are in the least desirable location; far forward. We're hoping for any upgrade, but if not, 20 days anywhere on a ship in winter is better than home in the NE!

Edited by richsea

Hi FlaMilkman, hope you get your cabin assignment soon. When you do, please come back and let us know. I am interested to see what you wind up with.

We also booked a BF guaranty but have no assignment, but our sailing is not until January. It seems that the BF rooms are their least expensive non obstrucred balconies, so they use them as incentives to book. They are in the least desirable location; far forward. We're hoping for any upgrade, but if not, 20 days anywhere on a ship in winter is better than home in the NE!

I will absolutely let you know. We actually like the BF cabins as there is generally less foot traffic / noise outside. I never thought about the fact that they may use them as incentive cabins but your point is valid. I tried to create a "new" reservation on the Princess website this morning (although we used our long standing TA to book the original cabin) and most (but not all) balcony cabins are on guarantee. The pricing has remained the same since we booked so I have no idea about how this sailing is doing from a supply and demand standpoint and whether Princess expects a lot of last minute bookings.

On the Star P in June 2017, we were not given our cabin assignment until the day before the cruise. Because that was a travel day, I was not checking our booking constantly, so I am not sure what time of day it was.

Our luggage tags had already been printed with "to be assigned", but the luggage still found its way to our cabin.

They have people that are tasked with trying to fill the ships as full as possible and make the most amount of money possible - that includes offering some upgrades now to free up certain categories to offering very targeted pricing to waiting to the last minute to see where they are at. Since they didn’t assign you a room yet they may not have your category available and are trying to figure out where to put everyone in different categories. I would assume they have computer models etc they use.

Interesting that the cruise is now listed as "Sold Out" on the Princess website.

Every day I have been checking the number of available balcony cabins in every category figuring that the cruise line hasn't assigned my cabin as they try and sell last minute cabins (we are 10 days from sailing) and / or attempting to upsell people into higher categories. However, all categories are now sold out.

If the ship truly is sold out, then it wouldn't be possible to upsell people to a higher category. If it is the case, then why shouldn't everyone be assigned their cabins?

Should I contact Princess or would I be wasting my time?

We got a Drop & Go sale for $499 for the same cruise. Still haven't gotten a cabin.

:(

With six days left before sailing we have not received our cabin assignment. I have checked the boarding passes and luggage tags as suggested.

A couple of days ago the ship was listed as "sold out" on the Princess website. However this morning you can book two balcony cabins on the Princess website as well as interior (didn't check to see how many interiors remain).

There obviously have to be some cabins available that aren't listed for sale on the Princess website as I'm confident that we're not the only people not to have their cabin assigned.

Will be very curious to see where we end up on the ship.

Hopefully, you will be pleasantly surprised by your assignment. There must be a method to their madness, but darned if I know, lol.

I am checking daily to see if we are assigned, but as our sailing isn't until January, so not expecting anything yet. It does give me something to look forward to on a daily basis! Wherever we are on the ship is ok, even if it stays a BF.

Thanks for the update. Have a great cruise!

We got a Drop & Go sale for $499 for the same cruise. Still haven't gotten a cabin.

:(

Just booked that 10/26 cruise this morning for $449 (partially obstructed balcony guarantee) plus the usual fees. It worked out to 1198 total cost (all fees) less an OBC from our cruise agency. We are assuming that the cruise has many empty cabins (it did the past 2 years when we were on the same voyage). Its a terrific deal for those of us who love all the lazy days at sea. The deal we got was only available for a few hours (we have seen it pop up in the past for a few hours at a time). When we back out our veterans credit, stockholder credit, promotional credit from Amex...it works out to about $41 per passenger day for a balcony, :).

Hank

I have never booked a guaranteed cabin. My friend does and he said one time he was notified 1 day before the cruise started. That would make me crazy. :D

Tony

For our upcoming cruise, we saved hundreds of dollars by booking a balcony guarantee. We'll be somewhere on the ship in a balcony cabin. It could be in the front of the ship above the theater, or it could be at the back of the ship underneath the buffet. Or anywhere in between.