No International Cafe for Sea Princess in the near future.

Just off the Sea Princess yesterday and was surprised to see that she still doesn't have the IC as yet .

After talking with several different crew members during our cruise it became very apparent that there is still no plans for the IC in the near future.

Hard to believe when this is the ship for world cruising.

Items on the agenda for the scheduled dry dock later this month in Singapore.

New Princess beds.

Major cable refit (Ocean Medallion ?)

Changes to Cafe Corniche (pizza) deck 8

Minor repaint & hull clean.

Cheers

Johhno.

Just off the Sea Princess yesterday and was surprised to see that she still doesn't have the IC as yet .

After talking with several different crew members during our cruise it became very apparent that there is still no plans for the IC in the near future.

New Princess beds.

Cheers

Johhno.

Hi,

We came off Sea Princess on the 4th October and were told that it would be getting International Café when it goes to its dry dock in Singapore. Will have to wait and see

I feel the Sea Princess might be getting towards the end of its life as a Princess ship, it is just on 20 years old. Perhaps 3 years might see it out. Thus I personally doubt the Carnival Corp bean counters in the US of A would spend a lot of money installing an IC in the ship.:(

Don't hold me to it, I could be wrong !!:o:confused:

New Princess beds.

Cheers

Johhno.

I was off the Sea Princess on Sunday too. I went to the services desk and asked staff what was being done in the renovation and they couldn't be specific, I got the impression they didn't really know. They actually painted our balcony on Friday (6th) hoping we were going into Albany. I hope the new beds include the linen, my quilt cover was very badly stained and torn at the bottom and the pillow cases were far from white. I really hope they improve the 80's decor in the cabins, it looked like a 3* hotel room.

The public areas were much better than the cabins, I particularly like that they had lots of lounge areas to relax in, great library though a bit hidden away.

Hoping they don't take the pizza's away from Cafe Corniche, they were very nice.

I love the IC but why would Princess have a 24 hour IC for a ship that caterers mainly for the older demographic, of which I am one. On our last cruise the BOBO time was changed to 2100 instead of 2200, as there were very few attending the latter starting hour.

I love the IC but why would Princess have a 24 hour IC for a ship that caterers mainly for the older demographic, of which I am one. On our last cruise the BOBO time was changed to 2100 instead of 2200, as there were very few attending the latter starting hour.

Good point, 2200 lights out for many on the Australian Princess ships. The ships officers and senior staff like the IC's. They get their coffees 'at the right price.' We mostly travel on the big Princess Ships and the senior staff frequent the IC and the 'Cover Charge Restaurants' big time.:o

Hi,we did our first ever cruise on her in 2007 in the Caribean.The lido grill had a fire prior to us boarding and was out of action for the 2 weeks we were on her.People were wandering around HC in their cossies,lol.We really enjoyed the cruise but we had nothing to compare it to and a lot of the regulars were moaning.Looking back now I suppose it was a bit pants but we loved it at the time,cheers,Brian.