Bringing my own full face snorkel mask, other equipment question

paisley201

very commonly done

even when diving in Disney's BIG tank at EPCOT the one piece of personal equipment they allow is your own mask .... everything else is their's for safety of the fish (they don't want anything introduced to the closed environment thru your equipment)

Agree that I've never had an issue bringing my own mask/snorkel.

You may want to confirm with your tour operator that they are providing fins/floatation vests. I've been on a few private snorkeling excursions that have said "equipment included/provided" but the only equipment that was provided was the mask/snorkel. That way if fins/vests are important to you, you'll have an opportunity to bring them with because you'll know in advance they aren't provided.

Side note- the dive in the Seas tank at EPCOT was so much fun- guaranteed fish sightings and very comfortable water temps. :)

very commonly done

even when diving in Disney's BIG tank at EPCOT the one piece of personal equipment they allow is your own mask .... everything else is their's for safety of the fish (they don't want anything introduced to the closed environment thru your equipment)

I didn't know this could be done, I haven't been to Disney since 2001, thanks for the heads up. We might be taking the grandkids in 2020.

Does anyone know if tour excursion operators will allow me to only use their flippers and flotation vest if I bring my own mask?

Thanks

Oh I hope so! I really want to get one of those! I like the idea of snorkeling and I’ve tried it but it can get the hang of breathing through the mouth tube.

Are they a pain to pack? We like to pack somewhat lightly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Epcot Seas Adventures – DiveQuest

hijack for bill

first time I did this was a long time ago ... almost 20 years ... when it was still called 'The Living Seas' versus the NEMO theme it now holds. Did it again a few years back .. was dd's first dive after getting certified.

enhance

it is not cheap. You must be certified. they usually do two sessions a day, in the afternoon. each group is around 20 folks. the 'tour' is 3 hours. You get a behind the scenes tour of the entire operation then are shown to a very nice changing area where your equipment is laid out for you. EPCOT admission is not required - you meet up outside EPCOT. In both of my experiences they let us out IN EPCOT at the end. Family is encouraged to watch but paid admission IS required. you are made a part of the exhibit ... they march the group right thru the middle of everything and tell folks where you are going and what they are gonna see you do. for a couple of hours you are a cast member ... and they warn you to behave! you are in the tank for about 40 minutes ... they do a little group stuff for a video (available for purchase) and then you get to paddle around at your leisure for a good 30 minutes with your dive buddy.

There is a snorkel version for non divers as well

I'm told the waiting list to be a volunteer assistant is VERY LONG! Paid staff list is longer . . .

Epcot Seas Adventures – DiveQuest

hijack for bill

first time I did this was a long time ago ... almost 20 years ... when it was still called 'The Living Seas' versus the NEMO theme it now holds. Did it again a few years back .. was dd's first dive after getting certified.

enhance

it is not cheap. You must be certified. they usually do two sessions a day, in the afternoon. each group is around 20 folks. the 'tour' is 3 hours. You get a behind the scenes tour of the entire operation then are shown to a very nice changing area where your equipment is laid out for you. EPCOT admission is not required - you meet up outside EPCOT. In both of my experiences they let us out IN EPCOT at the end. Family is encouraged to watch but paid admission IS required. you are made a part of the exhibit ... they march the group right thru the middle of everything and tell folks where you are going and what they are gonna see you do. for a couple of hours you are a cast member ... and they warn you to behave! you are in the tank for about 40 minutes ... they do a little group stuff for a video (available for purchase) and then you get to paddle around at your leisure for a good 30 minutes with your dive buddy.

There is a snorkel version for non divers as well

I'm told the waiting list to be a volunteer assistant is VERY LONG! Paid staff list is longer . . .

THanks for that, I've definitely doing this and taking my gopro.

unless rules have changed you can not take your gopro ....

only personal items allowed are mask and watch ...... everything else is Disney provided or not allowed .....

the pic I show is a screen capture from the video they shoot and you can buy. Part of the three hour tour is watching the video they edit while you are showering after the dive.

I have an underwater camera and that's a no-no under their rules. They provide wetsuit, bc, reg's, tank, fins, mask (but you can use your own mask) ... towels and stuff in the very nice shower / changing room. Family can also shoot video from outside the windows of the tank .... I have some of that from the first time .... I'm playing with my kids who are sitting on the floor in the exhibit while I'm blowing bubbles in the tank

Oh I hope so! I really want to get one of those! I like the idea of snorkeling and I’ve tried it but it can get the hang of breathing through the mouth tube.

Are they a pain to pack? We like to pack somewhat lightly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I bought a set on Amazon which incldues the fins. It is not very light.

• 1 month later...