Snow in Cape Liberty?!

taraemm

I got to wondering.. what if there is a snowstorm the day of departure for Anthem (or any ship really) out of NJ/NY. As long as it's not dangerously windy, they wouldn't delay embarkation would they?

I live about 45 minutes from the port so will drive the morning of, but if it is forecasted to snow heavily would the ship still sail on time? I am thinking if worse case scenario happened we would get a hotel the night before.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

I got to wondering.. what if there is a snowstorm the day of departure for Anthem (or any ship really) out of NJ/NY. As long as it's not dangerously windy, they wouldn't delay embarkation would they?

I live about 45 minutes from the port so will drive the morning of, but if it is forecasted to snow heavily would the ship still sail on time? I am thinking if worse case scenario happened we would get a hotel the night before.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

If the ship arrives late, embarkation can be delayed. I don't know that "dangerously windy" is a factor. Over the years I've arrived in three snowstorms and the ship was on time. Fortunately for the one really big snow storm, I was staying on for a B2B, so I wasn't going anywhere. Many people missed the ship that day, but embarkation started on time. I don't remember that sailing being significantly delayed. Two years ago I came back in a big snow and made it to Boston on Amtrak, but couldn't get to my house. Last year in March I had to come down from Boston and get a last minute hotel because of a small snowstorm and I didn't want to risk driving down the day of.

I always have a plan B for being in the area.

If the ship arrives late, embarkation can be delayed. I don't know that "dangerously windy" is a factor. Over the years I've arrived in three snowstorms and the ship was on time. Fortunately for the one really big snow storm, I was staying on for a B2B, so I wasn't going anywhere. Many people missed the ship that day, but embarkation started on time. I don't remember that sailing being significantly delayed. Two years ago I came back in a big snow and made it to Boston on Amtrak, but couldn't get to my house. Last year in March I had to come down from Boston and get a last minute hotel because of a small snowstorm and I didn't want to risk driving down the day of.

I always have a plan B for being in the area.

Thanks so much for the insight :D

In the past we've had a few delayed departures out of Fla. Years back, when a lot of folks did "cruise air", the captain would come on the PA and say something like "there are 24 people on a flight from XXXX that's been delayed because of weather. They are expected to arrive at the airport at XXX 0'clock. Once they are onboard, we will depart". So the ship sailed a couple of hours later than initially anticipated. For something similar or various other reasons, departure could be delayed but probably not by much more than a couple of hours, at most.