Insulated Cups With Drink Package

ReneeFLL

Do you get an insulated cup with the drink package? We didn't get one last time, but we did on Royal. Wanting to know if Celebrity has started giving them out.

We got them on our 3 RCCL cruises but they have the soda dispensers and I think the cups are in conjunction with them.

They are as they have a chip in them that recognizes the cup as part of the paid beverage package and authorizes the unit to dispense the soda for that given cruise.

Hadn't heard about the chip. It makes sense but I didn't think it was that sophisticated. We still have all ours so maybe I'll sacrifice one to see if I find a chip.

Hadn't heard about the chip. It makes sense but I didn't think it was that sophisticated. We still have all ours so maybe I'll sacrifice one to see if I find a chip.

The chip is date coded with a start and end date which roughly coincides with the cruise date on which it is sold. Otherwise any cup could be used at the machines and there would be no way to manage the prepaid soda packages. Old cups will not work once it is past that date code. If that was not the case then everyone would just bring their old cup on successive cruises. I believe the chip is embedded in the base of the cup.

The chip is date coded with a start and end date which roughly coincides with the cruise date on which it is sold. Otherwise any cup could be used at the machines and there would be no way to manage the prepaid soda packages. Old cups will not work once it is past that date code. If that was not the case then everyone would just bring their old cup on successive cruises. I believe the chip is embedded in the base of the cup.

Checked 4 of ours and there's nothing visible to the naked eye but it could be blended into the RCCL logo. I'm just gonna have to destroy one. :evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile:

Checked 4 of ours and there's nothing visible to the naked eye but it could be blended into the RCCL logo. I'm just gonna have to destroy one. :evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile:

Curious to hear what you find......

I've never checked on any of ours in the past but am going by what we were told by crew and others.

The only self serve beverages are in the drink dispensers in the buffet area - iced tea, punch, juice, coffee and water for tea and cocoa. There are plenty of cups stacked by the machines so you may use a clean cup every time you refill.

Coke products are available at the bars. They are served by the bartenders and servers.

Celebrity doe out give out insulated cups with their drink packages.

The bartenders do give you a can of soda and a glass of ice if you like,or bottle of any kind of water that is included , all you have to do is ask.

I do bring a nice insulated coffee mug to use on my balcony after I run down to Cafe Bacio when they first open to get my first cup of Americano to take back to my cabin.:)

The bartenders do give you a can of soda and a glass of ice if you like,or bottle of any kind of water that is included , all you have to do is ask.

.:)

Odd this is the 1st I've read about getting an insulated cup - wonder if they have them why not just give them out instead of making people specifically ask for it.

I do bring a nice insulated coffee mug to use on my balcony after I run down to Cafe Bacio when they first open to get my first cup of Americano to take back to my cabin.:)

Odd this is the 1st I've read about getting an insulated cup - wonder if they have them why not just give them out instead of making people specifically ask for it.

I think that might be a typo. I believe the words "doe out" should be "doesn't" or "does not"

just my .02

We always take mugs for that purpose. Usually we've picked them up at yard sales so it's no big deal if we lose them.

Some of the RCCL ships do not have the Coke Freestyle machines that recognize the chip. However, we have always received an insulated cup with our soda package either way.
I have a cabinet full of them mostly still in the original wrap. Should put them on eBay.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I think that might be a typo. I believe the words "doe out" should be "doesn't" or "does not"

just my .02

Thank you so much Orv for being able to read my post despite the typing errors. I am sorry that I did not quickly edit my post.

Your .02cents is worth much more.:)

Curious to hear what you find......

I've never checked on any of ours in the past but am going by what we were told by crew and others.

Had all the fun on my last Royal cruise. The "chip" isn't anything super special looking. It does get you strange looks if you use a normal cup with the "chip" under it.d6e827142a5d373277e63d643a49cda7.jpg

Sent from a mobile device

Thanks for the info. I ended up bringing my RC cup with me. I didn't remember getting one with the drink package on Celebrity and I have these from the RC drink package. I usually bring a Tervis cup on board but I have lost several already. I like my drinks to stay colder longer when at the pool or somewhere else outside. I will get a drink from the bartender and then pour it into my cup and the same thing with the juices upstairs. I never use it to get a drink directly from a dispenser. I don't even know if I have ever seen a soda dispenser. Sounds like something where a lot of kids would be so I won't go looking for one. :eek: I normally get cans from the bar. I also bring an insulated coffee cup for the same reason.