What's your favorite post cruise hotel in FLL/MIA

Optotronics

Pre Cruise, we always stay at the Embassy Suites in Ft Lauderdale on SE 17th street. It's conveniently located to places to eat, and stores to buy any last minute items or bottles of wine we may want to bring on board.

We have not stayed post cruise in many years, we prefer to fly out on a later flight the day we disembark.

Pre-cruise S.E. 17th Street hotels. Be prepared for high prices in season. Post cruise any hotel near the airport and near some places to eat dinner. If you want to tour around FLL then select a hotel post cruise on S.E. 17th street where the Sun Trolley can take you to the beach area.

Don't know anything about Miami.

Sigh... this should be on the port board for Fort Lauderdale (FLL) and/or Miami (MIA). I also don't think there is one answer to your question as the port areas are far enough apart you wouldn't want to use the same hotel for both.

I also don't see why there would be a difference in preference for a hotel whether it was pre- or post-cruise. But IMO that also depends on whether it is a one-night stay before flying home or extending a vacation. In the latter case, might not even stay near the port.

As for FLL/PE, I cannot disagree with the posters preferring 17th St, but as mentioned the Embassy can get pricey unless book waaaaay ahead. We like the Crowne Plaza for a couple of reasons and it is a direct shot into PE as well. The only drawbacks are not a convenient walk to have dinner and need to drive to Total Wine, but it is close by and I want a car anyway. We usually just fly in the day prior and fly home as soon after ship arrives as reasonable. The hotel has a Hertz car rental outlet and Hertz shuttles to/from the ships for customers.

(I would never take one of those shared hotel shuttles to the ships. Take a taxi for direct service.)

Sigh... this should be on the port board for Fort Lauderdale (FLL) and/or Miami (MIA). I also don't think there is one answer to your question as the port areas are far enough apart you wouldn't want to use the same hotel for both.

I also don't see why there would be a difference in preference for a hotel whether it was pre- or post-cruise. But IMO that also depends on whether it is a one-night stay before flying home or extending a vacation. In the latter case, might not even stay near the port.

As for FLL/PE, I cannot disagree with the posters preferring 17th St, but as mentioned the Embassy can get pricey unless book waaaaay ahead. We like the Crowne Plaza for a couple of reasons and it is a direct shot into PE as well. The only drawbacks are not a convenient walk to have dinner and need to drive to Total Wine, but it is close by and I want a car anyway. We usually just fly in the day prior and fly home as soon after ship arrives as reasonable. The hotel has a Hertz car rental outlet and Hertz shuttles to/from the ships for customers.

(I would never take one of those shared hotel shuttles to the ships. Take a taxi for direct service.)

Here is a second to Crowne Plaza. Nice, clean hotel, nice pool. Yes, you do have to walk several blocks for food, CVS etc. but that isn't a problem for me. Close to airport and the cruise port. :)

We like the Crowne Plaza for a couple of reasons and it is a direct shot into PE as well.

If you enter the port from SR84, (which is what you can see from the Crowne Plaza) you have to go through security.

Most princess ships are at berth 2, which (along with the convention center) is now

outside the security perimeter.

If your ship is at berth 2, you are much better off to enter the port on eisenhower blvd

and avoiding needless delays.

If you enter the port from SR84, (which is what you can see from the Crowne Plaza) you have to go through security.

Most princess ships are at berth 2, which (along with the convention center) is now

outside the security perimeter.

If your ship is at berth 2, you are much better off to enter the port on eisenhower blvd

and avoiding needless delays.

Never had a delay on 84th, but understand your point. We do head to the port early. We take the free Hertz shuttle as a customer returning a car and it is efficient. Always take us right to T2.

There are tons of threads on this topic on the Florida departures board.

My favorite is Lago Mar, with a private beach near the port. Had a wonderful stay and 2 more coming up soon.

Agreed on Lago Mar. There are very few hotels on the FLL beach but this is one of them - huge beachfront. Good food at the poolside hut and not a bad breakfast buffet.

We also stay at Embassy Suites, both pre and post cruise. Love the extra room and the free full breakfast (especially before the cruise on the breakfast.)

They also have a shuttle to the airport (about $10pp) when you leave.

On our next cruise, Dec. 20th, we are going 2 days early and enjoy their pool. Also a nice bar area for a drink in the evening.:) Food is available for lunch or dinner, we just prefer to go to one of the nearby restaurants.

Never had a delay on 84th, but understand your point. We do head to the port early. We take the free Hertz shuttle as a customer returning a car and it is efficient. Always take us right to T2.

Try around 1:00 just before christmas, when the maximum number of ships are in port

I actually don't understand why anyone would stay on 17th Street post cruise. Pre-cruise, maybe, since you just want to be next to the port for a quick overnight. 17th Street is hardly a destination. It's not that walk able and too far from anything that is. Las Olas is a destination, A1A is a destination, Hollywood Broadwalk, etc. 17th Street is just a road with a couple shopping centers.

My suggestion would be something on A1A, Las Olas, Hollywood Broadwalk, or even further up like Lauderdale By The Sea.

A specific hotel I'd recommend? Depends on what you want to do. If you want to extend your beach/pool vacation, I'd take Margaritaville in Hollywood by a long shot. Usually live music, the walkable broadwalk, activities, access to intracoastal, etc.

If you are looking for a more city/walkable/water taxi type vibe, maybe Riverside Hotel on Las Olas.