Amsterdam suite recommendation

JudithLynne

My DH and I are planning to book a 14 day Alaska cruise on the Amsterdam. We will be celebrating my 70th Bday and our 45th anniversary. For that reason we are going to splurge and book a suite. We would like to book an SB category suite as those are aft and we like that area of the ship. My concerns are the Lido overhang and noise from the Sea View pool deck. Are these legitimate concerns?

We do not tolerate a lot of noise.

We would book port side to avoid smoke from the deck above.

I would appreciate any feedback on these suites. Thank you so much.

We have been in this area many times and had similar concerns - there was never an issue. Maybe the occasional "chair scraping" when they clean up the deck chairs late in the afternoon. The only real noise concerns we had once in a regular verandah "suite" was when we were over the Ocean Bar, but never by being under something.

We never noticed smoke smell either. We have been happy with every Neptune Suite we have had on HAL ships no matter what the location - though we prefer the ones closer to the Neptune Lounge. Would not like A Neptune Suite located a deck away at all as found on some ships - which we had on the Prinsedam once, but the huge suite on that ship more than made up for the inconvenience to quickly get some midday snacks a deck away.

We have stayed in 7054 many times and never heard noise from the pool. Maybe an occasional chair scraping from above. 7054 was shower only but I don't know if that is still the case after the recent drydock. It is very convenient to the aft door and a short walk up aft stairs to the Lido deck. Have many fond memories of that cabin.

There indeed will be occasional chair scraping when cleaning deck or preparing for an event ... but if it is a problem, a complaint to concierge usually causes it to stop, except for pax doing it.

Regarding the overhang, if you plan to sit out on verandah for sunning yourself - you are going to have a problem because the sun only is on part of the deck most of the time - but AK trip is not the choice time to do that.

Otherwise, it is a great choice.

harry

• 3 weeks later...

I am in 7045 for at least one more night. I can tell you that in this cabin, we heard scrapping noises from early morning until around 9 pm. Even ladies wearing high heels were loud. But, still nice to be in a suite!:D

• 5 weeks later...
We have stayed in 7054 many times and never heard noise from the pool. Maybe an occasional chair scraping from above. 7054 was shower only but I don't know if that is still the case after the recent drydock. It is very convenient to the aft door and a short walk up aft stairs to the Lido deck. Have many fond memories of that cabin.

would you mind describing the shower ..... does it take up the same space as a tub or is it tiny like the ones in a signature suite? thanks!

would you mind describing the shower ..... does it take up the same space as a tub or is it tiny like the ones in a signature suite? thanks!

7054 is a Neptune Suite. It has a full sized whirlpool tub with shower as well as a separate shower.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My DH and I are planning to book a 14 day Alaska cruise on the Amsterdam. We will be celebrating my 70th Bday and our 45th anniversary. For that reason we are going to splurge and book a suite. We would like to book an SB category suite as those are aft and we like that area of the ship. My concerns are the Lido overhang and noise from the Sea View pool deck. Are these legitimate concerns?

We do not tolerate a lot of noise.

We would book port side to avoid smoke from the deck above.

I would appreciate any feedback on these suites. Thank you so much.

Congratulations on both occasions but going to Alaska don’t believe that aft pool to be a problem ☃️

• 1 month later...
On 8/15/2018 at 11:57 AM, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

did you notice if there were deck chairs available on the aft deck by your cabin? It seems like that would be a wonderful place to see Alaska pass by.