Live from the Amsterdam, Alaska Aug 5-12

TheSecondSister

This cruising sister is (for once) leaving her sister behind and taking hubby. We're heading out tomorrow aboard the ms Amsterdam, RT Seattle with stops at Juneau, Hubbard Glacier, Sitka, Ketchikan, and of course, Victoria, BC. Hubby and I are helping some dear friends celebrate their 50th anniversary - along with about 30 others. Going to be loads of fun, even though the weather forecast is cool and damp. But it's weather, and it can change! (Why yes, I am an optimist....)

I'll be blogging at twocruisingsister.wordpress.com as usual, and will likely take way too many photos, also as usual. :D So follow along, say nice things about my photos (ha ha) and otherwise generally occupy the peanut gallery. Though please refrain from throwing tomatoes. :p

Whoop Whoop!

This cruising sister is (for once) leaving her sister behind and taking hubby. We're heading out tomorrow aboard the ms Amsterdam, RT Seattle with stops at Juneau, Hubbard Glacier, Sitka, Ketchikan, and of course, Victoria, BC. Hubby and I are helping some dear friends celebrate their 50th anniversary - along with about 30 others. Going to be loads of fun, even though the weather forecast is cool and damp. But it's weather, and it can change! (Why yes, I am an optimist....)

I'll be blogging at twocruisingsister.wordpress.com as usual, and will likely take way too many photos, also as usual. :D So follow along, say nice things about my photos (ha ha) and otherwise generally occupy the peanut gallery. Though please refrain from throwing tomatoes. :p

Whoop Whoop!

Thanks, maybe you can show us some pictures of the promenade deck, after drydock..

Whoop Whoop!

Will be following your blog. If possible, please include pictures of the piano bar, pickleball court, and library. Thanks and have a great cruise!

Dave

I'll post as many pictures of the Amsterdam as I can. I I know that there have been a lot of discussions and questions about her post Dry Dock modifications. We plan on boarding right at 11:30, eating lunch, and then I'm going to go stomp around the ship and take photos. Unpacking will happen whenever. :D

Sent from my SM-J727V using Forums mobile app

I'll post as many pictures of the Amsterdam as I can. I I know that there have been a lot of discussions and questions about her post Dry Dock modifications. We plan on boarding right at 11:30, eating lunch, and then I'm going to go stomp around the ship and take photos. Unpacking will happen whenever. :D
Thank you very, very much! Have a great trip.

Following along :)

This will help me pass the week, thank you for spending the time to blog.

One quick question, from my research it seems like the ship’s wifi is not too great, and most complain about it. Will you be using it to blog? If so, would you mind commenting on the quality of the connection.

Like mom said, we board when you’re getting off the ship.

Thank you.

Way too much fun today, but I did manage to get a blog post up. And some photos. As I mentioned in my blog, the Amsterdam is looking spiffy, but no real change in her public space configuration. The Crows Nest is the same (no EXC), the library has books, games, puzzles, and everything is as it should be - or at leas the way I think it should be. :p

Internet plans - Social Plan (access only to social media sites and a bunch of travel/airline sites) is $14.99 per day or $69.99 for the week; the Surf plan is $24.99 per day or $109.99 for the week; and the Premium Plan is $29.99 per day; not sure of the weekly rate, but I can upgrade from Surf to Premium for another $70. Internet tonight is slow, as in really slow, but then again, it's nearly 1:00 a.m.

More tomorrow. When I'm not spending all evening catching up with old friends :)

Leaving next Sunday. Looking for beer choices and prices. I'll follow your blog each day. Looking forward to everything you share!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on the Eurodam earlier this season and they had a good selection of Alaskan beers (bottle) set up around the lido pool the entire cruise. These beers were included in the beverage package.