Ama Waterways - B2B on 2 different ships - any experiences?

westcoasttech

I've booked 2 Ama cruises back to back in Aug/Sept 2019 - 1st is 14 day Amsterdam to Budapest on the AmaStella, immediately followed by 7 day Budapest to Giurgiu on the AmaCerto. Anyone ever done this and seen how the logistics of the "move" to the 2nd ship works? I am thinking that best case scenario is that both ships are rafted together and "someone" just hauls my suitcase(s) from one to the other, and hoping that they allow me to lurk around on one or other of the ships (if I don't find some sort of tour to take me out for the day).

It's a whole year away, so I'm not worrying about it, but just curious as to what to expect. I have however been reading stories of the low water levels over the years and hoping that they don't affect the trip - I'm presuming that because I'm doing both trips with Ama that they will ensure that I get to the right place at the right time!

Anyone have experience of Giurgiu and its proximity to Bucharest - getting to the city and/or airport? At this point I am hoping to spend a couple of days in the area and then take a flight out to somewhere (don't know where yet!), I was hoping to then "hop" over to Russia/Moscow to to the Volga river cruise, but am having trouble matching up dates, so might have to find something in the Med to "hop" over to!

I've booked 2 Ama cruises back to back in Aug/Sept 2019 - 1st is 14 day Amsterdam to Budapest on the AmaStella, immediately followed by 7 day Budapest to Giurgiu on the AmaCerto. Anyone ever done this and seen how the logistics of the "move" to the 2nd ship works? I am thinking that best case scenario is that both ships are rafted together and "someone" just hauls my suitcase(s) from one to the other, and hoping that they allow me to lurk around on one or other of the ships (if I don't find some sort of tour to take me out for the day).

It's a whole year away, so I'm not worrying about it, but just curious as to what to expect. I have however been reading stories of the low water levels over the years and hoping that they don't affect the trip - I'm presuming that because I'm doing both trips with Ama that they will ensure that I get to the right place at the right time!

Anyone have experience of Giurgiu and its proximity to Bucharest - getting to the city and/or airport? At this point I am hoping to spend a couple of days in the area and then take a flight out to somewhere (don't know where yet!), I was hoping to then "hop" over to Russia/Moscow to to the Volga river cruise, but am having trouble matching up dates, so might have to find something in the Med to "hop" over to!

I've never done a B2B on AMA but you won't have to handle any luggage going from one ship to the other as AMA will take care of that. You will be able to go on the AMACerto when you leave the AMAStella, your cabin won't be ready until the afternoon but the lounge and sundeck will be open. I did the Budapest-Amsterdam cruise with AMA in June and it was great. In Oct/17 I did the Gems of Southeast Europe and it was awesome, my favorite river cruise so far. Did the post tour of Romania with AMA and the drive from Giurgiu to Bucharest took about an hour.