San Pedro to LAX

LHT28

Do you think we could make an 11:50 am flight from LAX to Toronto on a Sat looks like they use Terminal 6

Ship disembark time is 8 am (if all goes well)

It is tight but has anyone done this ?

Next flight is after 2200 an overnight flight :(

IF you are late getting off at 9AM , you can get to LAX in an hour by 10. Without traffic it would be even quicker.

That would give you almost 2 hrs to check luggage, and go through security.

IF you get off earlier you'd have even more time.

We just dropped DD off at AirCanada, Terminal 6 for the 6am flight. Took her 30 minutes to get thru the check in procedures. Kiosk for checking in and luggage tags, then checking in her luggage. Thankfully she had PreCheck. Otherwise the TSA lines are always a PITA in LAX.

As Riff said, you could make it. But if there’s any issue on the freeways you’ll be in trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Please consult with the airline to see how far in advance you have to check in for your flight.

Also what date is your disembarkation? I would like to see how many ships are in port that day.

To me you are on the cusp. It's a little early for me.

Keith

Thanks everyone

Yes it would be Air Canada they suggest 2hrs but not sure about LAX

I have heard it can be bad

I think it may be too much of a rush

We just returned from AMS with a 11:55 am flight in BUS so it worked OK & then the flight was delayed 2hrs so we got to enjoy the lounge ;)

will look at Plan B

I think it is an individual choice. Since we don't get stressed about missing a fight, we would take the 11:30 flight. If we miss the flight, we take another one or spend the night. If you stress easily, you may want to consider a later flight.:)

I think it is an individual choice. Since we don't get stressed about missing a fight, we would take the 11:30 flight. If we miss the flight, we take another one or spend the night. If you stress easily, you may want to consider a later flight.:)

If the flights were cheap I would not worry too much

but there are no cheap flights to Toronto :evilsmile:

I am merely saying that it is an individual choice. We don't stress because if we don't make a flight, we take a later one, regardless of the price. We think that life is too short to worry and stress about a flight.:):)

I am merely saying that it is an individual choice. We don't stress because if we don't make a flight, we take a later one, regardless of the price. We think that life is too short to worry and stress about a flight.:):)

Yes a personal choice indeed

Most people I know want to make a flight that they knew is achievable.

In some cases a missed flight may mean no other flight that day with many flights being oversold or if it was a direct flight may mean getting home on multiple flights. I have been on cruises where disembarkation in Los Angeles (or for that matter other USA ports) went wrong and the delay meant many people were missing flights. I have seen fellow guests stressed and some yelling at crew members when in one case the ship was not the cause of the delay.

Just as I do not fly in the day of the cruise I book a flight ending a cruise where I will not be stressed and where there is cushion for things that can go wrong.

I know that in the case of LAX you could spend 30 minutes in traffic just getting from one part of the airport to another for drop off. Last time we were there the main feeder road into LAX was completely shut down due to an accident. Things happen.

For me I don't book a flight leaving LAX until around 1:00 PM. Maybe I will wait some there. That's OK. I would rather do that then miss the flight.

Yes a personal choice but I have seen too many people spending part of the cruise worrying whether or not they will miss the flight and also trying to push themselves off the ship and stressed and I have known many who have missed the flight. In most cases when that happens the next time around they book a later flight.

For those of you who do not stress that is great.

Keith