Will we ever see Riviera or Marina sail Asian itineraries?

jeffreys1

I strongly prefer the 2 larger ships to the 4 smaller ones. It seems that every summer Marina and Riviera are in northern and southern Europe. In the winter they do the Caribbean, some South America and a few Polynesian ports. Same thing every year.

I would like to see one of them doing trips to Japan, China, Vietnam, Singapore, Hong Kong etc. even if it were only every couple of years.

Am I the only one who would book these trips?

I strongly prefer the 2 larger ships to the 4 smaller ones. It seems that every summer Marina and Riviera are in northern and southern Europe. In the winter they do the Caribbean, some South America and a few Polynesian ports. Same thing every year.

I would like to see one of them doing trips to Japan, China, Vietnam, Singapore, Hong Kong etc. even if it were only every couple of years.

Exactly the reason some of us would like new builds.

Exactly the reason some of us would like new builds.

If you truly want them to build new ships, why do you fight tooth and nail against every form of Oceania increasing profitability?

BvE-ShipBreakingBangladesh-5964.jpg

We all know what happens to Lines which burn the candle at both ends....

currently on board Nautica Mumbai-Rome and loving it, but then i confess my love for the R ships.

In another thread I commented on an overheard conversation with a Nautica officer speaking with a passenger about 'older' ships.

As an officer he likes the 'older' ships because they are made with steel. He says they are strong (as he patted the walls) and can resist much that pirates would throw at them. They also can easily be repaired at sea.

New builds, he maintains, are often made with quantities of plastic. He was speaking of new builds in all cruise ship companies--not specifically Oceania--and says that repairs are not as easily done at sea.

Therefore, I'm thinking that "new" doesn't necessarily = "better." He repeated this several times...."give me an 'older' ship every time".....

Agree 100%.

If you truly want them to build new ships, why do you fight tooth and nail against every form of Oceania increasing profitability?

BvE-ShipBreakingBangladesh-5964.jpg

We all know what happens to Lines which burn the candle at both ends....

If you mean taking away loyalty rewards than they are doing it to themselves. Why should we be loyal to Oceania when they are not loyal to us. That could be a reason to crash and burn. I know you would never say anything bad about them no matter the subject. :(:(

I know you would never say anything bad about them no matter the subject. :(:(
:p You don't actually "know" that. As an example, I am particularly disparaging of Oceanias' "free shuttle" system as we value our time in port far too much to ever use them.

Others seem to love those Shuttles, however, so even though they are wasted on us, I choose not to bemoan their existence every single solitary time that they are mentioned. :p

:p You don't actually "know" that. As an example, I am particularly disparaging of Oceanias' "free shuttle" system as we value our time in port far too much to ever use them.

Others seem to love those Shuttles, however, so even though they are wasted on us, I choose not to bemoan their existence every single solitary time that they are mentioned. :p

From all your posts it seems that is true. But also I get the feeling that we are both trying to make Oceania better for all of us. Just have to be honest about where Oceania is failing and have tell it as it is. Cheer leading is not always helpful. :):)