Electric Scotter on Riviera

Socal404

We are mobility challenged. I will be renting a walker with a built in chair for my wife. I recently had hip replacement surgery, and had a complication. I may need to rent an aid as well, although our cruise is still 5 months away. We don't have a HC stateroom, nor do we intend to get one. Wondering if a regular A2 stateroom will accommodate an electric scooter. Is the stateroom door wide enough? Do you think there is room inside the cabin to store it? And finally, what about charging. What can you tell me about what you've seen onboard the Riviera or Marina. Or, if you have actual experience with one. Really interested in hearing what you have to say on this subject. Thanks a lot.

I would call Oceania & ask what the requirements are & door width for scooters

I know they are not supposed to be parked in the hall but have seen people do this

There are some travel scooters that fold up so they would store in the cabins

If you both will required aids then maybe apply for a H/C cabin they do have some with balconies

We are mobility challenged. I will be renting a walker with a built in chair for my wife. I recently had hip replacement surgery, and had a complication. I may need to rent an aid as well, although our cruise is still 5 months away. We don't have a HC stateroom, nor do we intend to get one. Wondering if a regular A2 stateroom will accommodate an electric scooter. Is the stateroom door wide enough? Do you think there is room inside the cabin to store it? And finally, what about charging. What can you tell me about what you've seen onboard the Riviera or Marina. Or, if you have actual experience with one. Really interested in hearing what you have to say on this subject. Thanks a lot.

The door is wide enough, but there is a door sill over which the scooter must be lifted. (think 2 to 3 inches). Safety laws now require that scooters be stored within the cabin overnight, so be sure that yours has a removable battery.

It is tight, but Scooters WILL fit in the standard cabins.

The main level of the Grand Dining Room is the best dining area for scooter accessibility, though they do ask that the scooter be stored at the entrance for the duration of your meal (also for safety).

If your companion does not feel up to driving it back up there after you are seated, one of the waiter assistants will take it for you, and fetch it when you are done.

A cabin near to the elevator lobby is fairly essential when traveling with a scooter, as the biggest challenge which we experienced (travelling with a 90 something female relative) was frustration with getting caught behind a service cart in those long, long hallways. :rolleyes: