Riviera Roll Call - October 19, 2019

Heartfelttraveler

We booked this itinerary back in November 2017 - our first Oceania cruise! It seems like such a long way off, although we usually book our vacations 18 - 24 months in advance.

(Then in March 2018 we booked our second Oceania cruise on the Marina to Tahitian Islands in January 2019 effectively making this our second Oceania cruise.)

We are looking forward to this trip to not only enjoy the beautiful port cities, but also the beautiful Oceania Riviera.

I am hoping to see some more travelers on this roll call and maybe get some ideas for excursions.

The Moderators of this Website have established a Specific series of Message Boards, commonly known as the Roll Calls, wherein passengers booked on a particular voyage are encouraged to network.

These Roll Calls are segregated, first by Cruise Line, then by the Ship, and finally by the sailing date.

To find the Roll Call for an Oceania cruise, please visit the Roll Call Section for Oceania:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=420

Choose your vessel, and then search for your embarkationdate.

There, you will be dealing only with those Passengers whowill literally be “in the same boat as you”, so there is a much better chance ofconnecting with someone like minded.

Enjoy your cruise, and every minute of the planning-

This is the protocol that I followed. I have submitted it again and hope that it goes to the correct roll call threads and that this thread is then deleted.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

You will need to be registered and logged in to create a new Roll Call.

Register here

if you have not yet done so.

You will need to create your Roll Call in the correct forum for your ship. Once you have located the correct forum, you will use the NEW THREAD button.

1. Select a FORUM by clicking on the blue hyperlinked title of your ship. (Locate your ship's

Roll Call Forum here

)

2. The NEW THREAD button is located above the board grid in the the upper left hand corner. Click the NEW THREAD button.

newthread.jpg

3. A window will open with a form for you to complete. Create a Title. It is important to include the date of your sailing like this: January 1, 2018 or 01/01/18 or 01/01/2018 (be specific). In the Message: section include something fun about the cruise that would encourage others to want to post!

4. When you are finished, click the Submit New Thread button.

Some additional Roll Call Info:

* It can take anywhere from 24-48 hours for a new roll call to be added to the "Find your Roll Call" tool

* If after that time you still do not see your roll call in the tool, but know that there is a thread, please email

help@cruisecritic.com

with the Ship and Sail date to have it corrected. Sometimes the tool will "mis-file" a sail date and it would need to be manually corrected to show up.

* If you see two or more threads for the same sail date please email

help@cruisecritic.com

to have them merged.

This is the protocol that I followed. I have submitted it again and hope that it goes to the correct roll call threads and that this thread is then deleted.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

You will need to be registered and logged in to create a new Roll Call.

Register here

if you have not yet done so.

You will need to create your Roll Call in the correct forum for your ship. Once you have located the correct forum, you will use the NEW THREAD button.

1. Select a FORUM by clicking on the blue hyperlinked title of your ship. (Locate your ship's

Roll Call Forum here

)

2. The NEW THREAD button is located above the board grid in the the upper left hand corner. Click the NEW THREAD button.

newthread.jpg

3. A window will open with a form for you to complete. Create a Title. It is important to include the date of your sailing like this: January 1, 2018 or 01/01/18 or 01/01/2018 (be specific). In the Message: section include something fun about the cruise that would encourage others to want to post!

4. When you are finished, click the Submit New Thread button.

Some additional Roll Call Info:

* It can take anywhere from 24-48 hours for a new roll call to be added to the "Find your Roll Call" tool

* If after that time you still do not see your roll call in the tool, but know that there is a thread, please email

help@cruisecritic.com

with the Ship and Sail date to have it corrected. Sometimes the tool will "mis-file" a sail date and it would need to be manually corrected to show up.

* If you see two or more threads for the same sail date please email

help@cruisecritic.com

to have them merged.

If this cruise was first offered back in 2017 or before there is surely a roll call already established!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

this is the main Oceania forum

You did start a roll call in the roll call area so hopefully you will get more participation

here is the link to the roll call you started for Riviera

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2659068

You can check under Marina roll calls for the one you booked

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=625

If this cruise was first offered back in 2017 or before there is surely a roll call already established!

The Roll Calls are specific to a Sailing Date, and are therefore no longer used for subsequent incarnations of an Itinerary, post-cruise , excepting when they are used as research.

I have been checking to see if a roll call was started. I finally decided to start one. I have enjoyed the other roll calls for our other bookings and have learned so much and avoided some mistakes.