Grocery stores or food marts in Civitavecchia

propwash

There is a Todi's (discount grocery) two-tenths of a mile from the Largo della Pace port shuttle bus stop at 8, Via Isonzo.

A little further (one half mile) there is a Carrefour Express store at Via Leopoli, 2. It's the same distance from the southern (pedestrian) port entrance/exit at the fort.

Edited by euro cruiser

Are you visiting Civitavecchia as a port of call or are you originating your cruise there? There are several stores along and near the Piazza della Vita (boardwalk) area. They are not a short walk from the ship, but they are accessible if you car coming to the port by car or train.

There is also a market in the middle of town, about 4 blocks up from the main road. And I believe, a Carrefour.

On our last trip, our B&B host drove us to the port. He made a detour and took us to a large supermarket just past the port area-north. The store had an amazing selection of wines at very attractive prices.

We stayed at the Hotel Traghetto which is basically a block from the cruise terminal. There was a grocery store about a block away (other direction). We picked up wine and olives there. I don't think any of the wine was over 7 euros,most was between 2 and 4.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We stayed at the Hotel Traghetto which is basically a block from the cruise terminal. There was a grocery store about a block away (other direction). We picked up wine and olives there. I don't think any of the wine was over 7 euros,most was between 2 and 4.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is the grocery store we go to also & prefer. Was just there Oct. 24th. Wine prices are excellent. Good selection of fresh food/deli/cheese to make sandwiches. Wanted to buy hand lotion, mouthwash - had some but very limited selection.

There's another new grocery store called PAM on the main street (walk about 7 min. from Traghetto, back towards train stn). More expensive, less fresh food, wines about a third more.

NJ

Do you remember the name or cross streets for the grocery with the excellent wine prices?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you're referring to the one mentioned above close to Hotel Traghetto it's called Todis. We always pick up wine from there. It's quite a basic supermarket and you will struggle to find wine more than around 7 or 8 euros, but we've never had a bad bottle from there.

• 2 weeks later...

Staying in Civitcevecchia now. The Pam store would be close to one port entrance. Meta is close to the fort entrance and has direction signs posted . Just bought 2 bottles of wine in the Meta store to take on board tomorrow .

• 2 weeks later...

The Carrefour express store on Via Leopoli is open 8 AM - 8 PM on Sundays: http://www.carrefour.it/punti-vendita/supermercato-carrefour-express-civitavecchia-leopoli-2b

The Pam store in Piazza Vittorio Emanuele is open 8 AM - 9 PM on Sundays: https://www.pampanorama.it/punti-vendita/civitavecchia

The Todis store close to Largo della Pace doesn't list hours on their web site.