Unlimited Soda & More Package

khlim2005

Hi, i'll be boarding Sapphire Princess roundtrip Singapore next month.

There's little information about her, even her itinerary today in unknown.

By the way, back to the main answer, for Unlimited Soda & More Package, do i get the following

1) milkshake and smoothies

2) float (as in ice-cream on top) on said root beer

3) Fresh juices( if no, whats the different and advantages as all passengers entitle to juices in MDR every morning)

I try to call in and unfortunately, they give conflicting info, or simply ask me to check on board.

In fact, they cant answer me whether cruise planner reservation is in USD or SGD.

Anyone know, kindly advise, thks!

Thanks!

My friend told me milkshake is available (Taiwan roundtrip in August) on Sapphire.

However, i read on this forum Princess discontinued Shakes/Malts in as of Oct 2017.

That's just too bad! When I booked back in May, I was told it's available.

I would have prefer if Princess discontinued for all booking (not boarding) after Oct, so that not to affect those booking make before this date.

Of course, this is just my opinion, but I am not that upset about the milkshakes. Have had aboard Ruby and one other ship whose name escapes me, and they were not that good, even when I asked to be thick. Now the mocktails make it worth it besides coke at MRD!!!!! Mojitas, frozen strawberry daiquiris or pina colatas, etc. They were very good and well worth the $8-9 a day!!!

Pooh

Of course, this is just my opinion, but I am not that upset about the milkshakes. Have had aboard Ruby and one other ship whose name escapes me, and they were not that good, even when I asked to be thick. Now the mocktails make it worth it besides coke at MRD!!!!! Mojitas, frozen strawberry daiquiris or pina colatas, etc. They were very good and well worth the $8-9 a day!!!

Pooh

Except with the changes to the package, the soda (even in MDR) is now fountain and not can.....

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from the 10/21 Canada 5 day on the Regal and had the package. I didn't check for milkshakes, but had read on these boards they were not included (and possibly not available at all on Regal).

Soft drinks were only fountain drinks (although my husband did receive root beer from a can - possibly out of syrup?) so the choices were limited - I couldn't get ginger beer or any drinks containing it or diet sprite.

We were really looking forward to the mocktails, but they only listed a few and each bar seemed to have the same menu for mocktails. I don't like coconut, and the one drink I had used the artificial tasting mix. Bartenders did not seem interested/able to make drinks off menu, but if you knew exactly what you wanted and it was a combination of fountain soda and juice they could do it - I had a cranberry and club soda since they wouldn't serve cranberry and diet sprite.

We drank lots of diet coke and I splurged on full sugar the last sea day when seas were rough and had ginger ale. We also had a few alcohol based drinks during happy hour, but I really didn't care for any of Regal's mixed drinks - everything was too strong and most tasted like tequila regardless of the alcohol listed (DH doesn't prefer tequila, I don't mind it). Strongbow cider was served in 500 ml cans and tasted fine.

Specialty coffees and teas are not included, you would need the coffee card for those (or a la carte on your account).

It wasn't a terribly expensive learning experience, but we wouldn't do a drink package on Princess again.

Hi, i'll be boarding Sapphire Princess roundtrip Singapore next month.

There's little information about her, even her itinerary today in unknown.

By the way, back to the main answer, for Unlimited Soda & More Package, do i get the following

1) milkshake and smoothies

3) Fresh juices( if no, whats the different and advantages as all passengers entitle to juices in MDR every morning)

I try to call in and unfortunately, they give conflicting info, or simply ask me to check on board.

In fact, they cant answer me whether cruise planner reservation is in USD or SGD.

Anyone know, kindly advise, thks!

Milkshakes and floats - maybe yes, maybe no, ask at Swirls by the Neptune's Reef Pool when on board. If they have them this is where they will be served.

Smoothies - Ask at the bar. They will make any drink without alcohol if they have ingredients. I would consider this part of the mocktail.

Fresh squeezed juices - Jucies, excluding fresh squeezed OJ, are free during breakfast hours. After that there is a charge for juices. With the package you can get them for free anytime of day. Do not believe fresh squeezed OJ is included in the package.

Here is the text from Princess

Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & More Package, entitling you to unlimited fountain soft drinks, plus mocktails, juices, and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise.

We just got back from the 10/21 Canada 5 day on the Regal and had the package. I didn't check for milkshakes, but had read on these boards they were not included (and possibly not available at all on Regal).

Soft drinks were only fountain drinks (although my husband did receive root beer from a can - possibly out of syrup?) so the choices were limited - I couldn't get ginger beer or any drinks containing it or diet sprite.

We were really looking forward to the mocktails, but they only listed a few and each bar seemed to have the same menu for mocktails. I don't like coconut, and the one drink I had used the artificial tasting mix. Bartenders did not seem interested/able to make drinks off menu, but if you knew exactly what you wanted and it was a combination of fountain soda and juice they could do it - I had a cranberry and club soda since they wouldn't serve cranberry and diet sprite.

We drank lots of diet coke and I splurged on full sugar the last sea day when seas were rough and had ginger ale. We also had a few alcohol based drinks during happy hour, but I really didn't care for any of Regal's mixed drinks - everything was too strong and most tasted like tequila regardless of the alcohol listed (DH doesn't prefer tequila, I don't mind it). Strongbow cider was served in 500 ml cans and tasted fine.

Specialty coffees and teas are not included, you would need the coffee card for those (or a la carte on your account).

It wasn't a terribly expensive learning experience, but we wouldn't do a drink package on Princess again.

With the happy hour, do you mean the Regal still has BOGO $1?

Ginger beer is really not included in the Soda & More Package. We paid $2.15/can for the Gosling Ginger Beer, same price for soda in can.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

With the happy hour, do you mean the Regal still has BOGO $1?

Ginger beer is really not included in the Soda & More Package. We paid $2.15/can for the Gosling Ginger Beer, same price for soda in can.

We had BOGO $1 usually twice per day, and they often gave out tickets during one of them for a drawing the last day. We didn't make it to the drawing so I don't know what the prize was (you did need to be present to win).

We had BOGO $1 usually twice per day, and they often gave out tickets during one of them for a drawing the last day. We didn't make it to the drawing so I don't know what the prize was (you did need to be present to win).

I don’t get the AIBP before so I am used to the BOGO $1 whenever we cruise. Last Sept on the Caribbean Princess, it was discontinued so It’s nice to know you had it which means it’s not fleet wide, yet.

The prize for the drawings I attended was a credit for the amount of beverage charges on your folio.

Thanks for the response.

Thanks!

My friend told me milkshake is available (Taiwan roundtrip in August) on Sapphire.

However, i read on this forum Princess discontinued Shakes/Malts in as of Oct 2017.

That's just too bad! When I booked back in May, I was told it's available.

I would have prefer if Princess discontinued for all booking (not boarding) after Oct, so that not to affect those booking make before this date.

Last October on the Ruby my DH had that. Instead of his chocolate milkshake, he would go to the bar and they would make m a chocolate banana mocktail that he said was just as good as a milkshake.

during the day where would juices be available. at the bars? all restaurants? just curious as it was out of sight out of mind last week .

I had my cranberry juice and club soda from Outrigger Bar on 16. I would think any bar would have juices since they would be used in many drinks, not sure about restaurants outside of breakfast - but probably.

If you want a float, go to the bar that's closest to Swirls, get your root beer (or whatever), then walk over to Swirls and ask for a cup of vanilla soft serve (it's free). Put the vanilla soft serve in the glass with the soda and enjoy. Toss the cup in the trash. You might want to grab a spoon from the buffet, too.;)