boarding time in Genoa

MargaretER

A quick question. We are embarking in Genoa on a Saturday next month. Two of us will be arriving on Friday night, and the 3rd guest will arrive around 11:30 on Saturday. We have the black membership with Aurea package. I would like to spend the day exploring Genoa and then get on the ship around 4:00? Do you think this is a bad idea? (hotel will hold luggage). The other option is to go directly to the ship, hope for early embarkation and then leave again to explore. This sounds more difficult. I would appreciate the advice of someone who has experienced this. Thanks in advance.clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

A quick question. We are embarking in Genoa on a Saturday next month. Two of us will be arriving on Friday night, and the 3rd guest will arrive around 11:30 on Saturday. We have the black membership with Aurea package. I would like to spend the day exploring Genoa and then get on the ship around 4:00? Do you think this is a bad idea? (hotel will hold luggage). The other option is to go directly to the ship, hope for early embarkation and then leave again to explore. This sounds more difficult. I would appreciate the advice of someone who has experienced this. Thanks in advance.:)

Having sailed from Genoa six times. either of your proposals would be workable. If you have an early start you could see a lot of Genoa before the third guest arrives, but this would entail going back to the hotel or cruise terminal to meet up with them, then going back into Genoa.

My own take on your proposal would be to have a leisurely awakening and breakfast, then meet up with the third guest on board the ship, getting on at around 11:00 to 11:30 , boarding will be going on at this time, and then go ashore once you have your cruise card, returning with 45 - 60 minutes before sailing time. "ALL ABOARD" will 30 minutes before sailing time.

Pete