New Cruiser

tracymtx

I am so excited to be here and learn all about cruising! My daughter purchased a cruise for our family (myself, husband/dad, Samantha (22) and Abigail (21) ) as a Christmas present. We will be sailing out of Galveston in July. I looking forward to gathering all information from these Boards.

I just wanted to introduce myself and thank everyone who takes the time to contribute to these Boards as this information is invaluable for people like me (who have no idea where to start). -Trying to soak it all in is making my head spin...in a good way :)

I am so excited to be here and learn all about cruising! My daughter purchased a cruise for our family (myself, husband/dad, Samantha (22) and Abigail (21) ) as a Christmas present. We will be sailing out of Galveston in July. I looking forward to gathering all information from these Boards.

I just wanted to introduce myself and thank everyone who takes the time to contribute to these Boards as this information is invaluable for people like me (who have no idea where to start). -Trying to soak it all in is making my head spin...in a good way :)

If you post your ship and sailing date, we can direct you to your Roll Call, which is the thread dedicated to your sailing. You will find your cruise mates conversing there.

Oh Great! Thank you, Bob!

Departing out of Galveston, July 13-18, 2018

Enchantment of the Seas

I don't see an existing roll call for Enchantment on that date. This is not uncommon for short cruises.

I suggest you create the roll call yourself. Just go to this forum, click New Thread, and repeat your post above:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=259

It's best to include in the title the date in this format: July 13, 2018.

Go to your local library and check out a guidebook on your ports...they are in the reference section....the more you know about your ports, the better time you can have, and the less money you will need to spend to have it!

I take it you have got the appropriate documentation in order?

Regards John

Documentation? If you mean Passports and drivers lic.'s, then yes, we are document ready!! :D

Are there other documents that we will need?

Documentation? If you mean Passports and drivers lic.'s, then yes, we are document ready!! :D

Are there other documents that we will need?

These are what you need plus credit card to produce on embarkation to settle your on board accounts. Typically cruise lines all run their own website where you log in, using your booking code reference (something like NJ2Y9M) to give your details, travel insurance details, confirm you have visas for foreign countries that need them. All this to get your tickets, luggage labels and sea pass (other lines call a sea pass by different names). Turn up on the pier and get checked in with these plus your id document.

Bon Voyage.

John