MSC disembarkation and shore excursion in Barcelona question

Mathguy42

We are disembarking Barcelona and wonder if MSC will hold luggage safely until 3pm even though disembarkation is early morning? Has anyone any experience taking a disembarkation day shore excursion with MSC? How did that work out with your luggage, drop-off areas, etc?

If you take a ship excursion, the tour ends at the airport, so you have to take your luggage with you and store it inside the bus. They don’t return to the terminal, which makes sense.

I don’t know how it works if you just leave the luggage in the pick up area, but I’m thinking there is a risk of it being taken to lost&found by the terminal staff.

Hopefully someone will know for sure and report back!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the responses. Our cruise is next September.

No, we are not worried about the political situation. If it's not resolved by then we plan to go ahead unless the cruise is canceled by MSC. We've been to southern Spain many times but this will be our first time in Barcelona. Very much looking forward.

On our disembarkation day, we have a 3pm check in at a rental apartment. We are looking for luggage storage options as the apartment owner uses an agency to hand over and cannot guarantee safe luggage storage. Not looking to end an excursion at the airport and wonder if there are any downtown options? Or port options at MSC?