Eurodam Cabin Televisions

CM1984

Hi - I think I have read here that the TV's in cabins are large and maybe mounted on wall. The cabin images I see on CC are a smaller version, on the desk by the balcony.

So have the TV's been upscaled? (I shouldn't even think about TV when going to Alaska! :confused:)

Thank you, Friends!

Edited by CM1984
Misspelling!

I believe all the small shelf-mounted TVs on the Eurodam were replaced by larger wall-mounted models in her Dec 2015 drydock. Every picture I found on halfacts.com after that date shows them on the wall.

Edited by catl331

No way to connect a DVD player to new TVs. Only their pre programmed movies. No longer able to watch yesterday's movie in cabin the next day like one the older ships and older TVs.

But their on demand selection of movies and tv shows are excellent. Watched a few movies that were “2nd run” - at the tail end or just finished with their theatrical run and not out in DVD yet

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I believe all the small shelf-mounted TVs on the Eurodam were replaced by larger wall-mounted models in her Dec 2015 drydock. Every picture I found on halfacts.com after that date shows them on the wall.

Sailed Eurodam VT Balcony cabin in Jan 2017 and, yes, the TV was wall-mounted with the new on-demand TV/movie service. All rooms have multiple USB charging ports. Some rooms have a Bose mini soundlink II music player with Bluetooth connection.

Great information! Thanks a bunch! Since some of you have sailed recently, what kinds of movies are in the viewing room. I read it's only like 40 comfy chairs and movies shown all day?
I think it's closer to 35 seats, and there's 5 showings a day - 10:00a,1:00,4:00,7:00,and 10:00. At least that what it was the last time we were on in 11/15, before the latest dry dock that put in the new interactive TVs.

2reihhc.jpg

Edited by catl331

I love the movie theatres (viewing rooms) on the Eurodam and NA. Watched Guardians of the Galaxy and Day After Tomorrow shortly after they came out on past cruises. The popcorn could be fresher but it's better than none, most times :D

dh

Great information! Thanks a bunch! Since some of you have sailed recently, what kinds of movies are in the viewing room. I read it's only like 40 comfy chairs and movies shown all day?

The movies they show in the theater are the same you can watch in your room On Demand. When we sailed her last month, we were able to watch the latest Pirates of the Caribbean and The Mummy more than a month earlier than their DVD release

Are there still DVD players in the rooms? I see photos with the flat screen tvs, but it looks like there are DVD players below the tv......and if so, does anybody know if they will play standard DVD's?

Thanks

No more DVD players

Is account information available on the newer TVs?
I don't think it's on the TV, but it is available on an intranet page accessible with a laptop or smartphone or ship's computer. No charge. You can also print your own statement to date on a kiosk near the front desk.

I don't think it's on the TV, but it is available on an intranet page accessible with a laptop or smartphone or ship's computer. No charge. You can also print your own statement to date on a kiosk near the front desk.

Thanks for the information.

• 2 months later...