Summary of "recent" changes on RCI

Graham, the panoramic windows will be deck 12 forward

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Thanks they didn't elaborate as the RC rep said Miami HO keep things secret but the panoramic Windows looked nice.

We are on Independence twice next year after the refit but always go in balcony or above cabins.

The new fish restaurant on Symphony sounds interesting.

The non-refundable deposit is a major negative to me. I will book more with other lines because of it and keep Royal in the running for last minute deals.

When booking just compare the fare to the refundable option.

They give you extra points for treatments, wine tasting, beer tasting, galley lunches and excursions?? I guess I'm getting screwed.

RCI tried this on a trial basis, select ships only, a year or so ago. Didn’t continue.

Holland America has this program in place.

The non-refundable deposit is a major negative to me. I will book more with other lines because of it and keep Royal in the running for last minute deals.

I agree. My recent NE/Canada cruise I booked 16 months out. Occasionally, life happens and there is, for example, a family wedding, work issue or illness that could not be anticipated.

• 1 month later...

Christmas cruise horror:

More than 300 passengers on Royal Caribbean liner catch horror stomach virus after leaving Florida - with four-hour long lines to see the doctor

• The Independence of the Seas set sail for a five-night journey that was bound for Labadee and Jamaica
  • A spokesperson for Royal Caribbean told NBC News that 332 guests on board fell ill with gastrointestinal sickness likely caused by Norovirus

Over 300 passengers aboard a Royal Caribbean cruise contracted stomach-related illnesses at sea this past week, it was reported on Saturday.

A cruise ship carrying 5,547 guests departed Port Everglades, Florida on Monday.

The Independence of the Seas set sail for a five-night journey that was bound for Labadee and Jamaica.

A spokesperson for Royal Caribbean told NBC News that 332 guests on board fell ill with gastrointestinal sickness likely caused by Norovirus.

47653E9A00000578-0-image-a-68_1513474900270.jpg

+10

Over 300 passengers aboard a Royal Caribbean cruise contracted stomach-related illnesses at sea this past week, it was reported on Saturday47653EAE00000578-0-image-a-69_1513474906570.jpg

+10

A cruise ship carrying 5,547 guests departed Port Everglades, Florida on Monday. Some of the passengers are seen disembarking the cruise on Saturday