Time change on November 5th 2017

lillulu

I have a question. When we are in Aruba the time changes the morning of for us, November 5th. Can anybody tell me what time the ship will be on? I'm a little confused on all of this. I booked a private tour and they are working on Aruba time, So I just want to make sure I am on time and not late with us also losing an hour during the night. I am to meet my private tour at 1:30 PM Aruba time and they will return us to the ship at 5:30 PM Aruba time. We are in port from 7:00 AM until 8:00 PM.

Thanks in advance.

The time being used will most likely match the local time, but that is up to the Captain.

I would be discussing this with the vendor as well. They are very aware of these issues.

Agree with CruiserBruce - the ship usually matches the local time.

Should that not be the case there will be many announcements and a warning in the When & Where (daily programme).

Except for Puerto Vallarta, (and Murmansk the time HAL went there :eek:), HAL changes clocks to match local time. If you are in Aruba, then you will be on Aruba time whether you are on the ship or on land.

Except for Puerto Vallarta, (and Murmansk the time HAL went there :eek:), HAL changes clocks to match local time. If you are in Aruba, then you will be on Aruba time whether you are on the ship or on land.

When we were in PV last October on the Westerdam's first run to Mexico, we changed time. It was a surprise to those who had previously done Mexican Riviera cruises. We changed back the night we left PV. I don't know if this continues for this year's Mexican Riviera cruises.

When we were in PV last October on the Westerdam's first run to Mexico, we changed time. It was a surprise to those who had previously done Mexican Riviera cruises. We changed back the night we left PV. I don't know if this continues for this year's Mexican Riviera cruises.

It would be nice if HAL eliminated the one exception to the rule! We may find out when this season gets going.

To the Op... Don't know what your itinerary is, but I suspect you will have embarked in Florida. As long as that is the case the time in Aruba and in Florida is the same until we "fall" back on Nov. 5. When the US is on Daylight Saving Time EDT is the same as Atlantic Standard Time (AST) which is the time in Aruba. The only time you may have to change clocks is when the ship returns to Florida and the US has pushed the clock back 1 hour to return to standard time (EST) by then.

I have a question. When we are in Aruba the time changes the morning of for us, November 5th. Can anybody tell me what time the ship will be on? I'm a little confused on all of this. I booked a private tour and they are working on Aruba time, So I just want to make sure I am on time and not late with us also losing an hour during the night. I am to meet my private tour at 1:30 PM Aruba time and they will return us to the ship at 5:30 PM Aruba time. We are in port from 7:00 AM until 8:00 PM.

Thanks in advance.

You are getting some good answers - but what makes you think you are LOSING ant hour during the night?

• 2 weeks later...
When you arrive turn your cell phone on and it will set to the local time.

When I cruise the cell phone is turned off and stored in the safe. There are less expensive ways to find out the correct time than paying expensive roaming charges. :evilsmile:

Roz

On our last HAL cruise, our cell phone time were almost never correct and that had never happened before. My iPhone was usually 6 hours ahead of the local time and my husband's was usually 4 hours behind. We were in the Zuiderdam and there was no clock on the phone as we've previously grown used to on cruises. We really struggled with knowing what time it was!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When I cruise the cell phone is turned off and stored in the safe. There are less expensive ways to find out the correct time than paying expensive roaming charges. :evilsmile:

Roz

1. Turn on your phone in airplane mode.

2. Go into settings and turn data roaming off.

3. Turn airplane mode off.

4. When the phone connects to the local network it should show the local network time. This will take only one or two minutes.

5. Turn airplane mode back on if you're concerned. However, with data roaming off you should not incur any charges if you don't send or receive calls.

I have done this often and never had roaming charges if I don't use the phone.

I'll try this. I've never had to do anything to have my phone adjust to correct time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You don't. However, if you do what I've suggested you should avoid any spurious roaming charges. At worst, you will see a minute or two of data charges, not a big deal. Make sure you have the data roaming turned off or it will start downloading email when it connects.