Aranui 3 question - sea conditons

I can only give my experience from an August 2011 voyage on the Aranui but it was a very calm sea and GREAT TRIP.

However, trying to predict weather conditions and seas on some part of the earth is certainly not anywhere near an exact science.

Tell you friend to go for it as the trip is well worth it.

• 1 month later...
Hi; I have a friend who's considering the Aranui cruise. He's been on Caribbean cruises and says he's sensitive to 'rocky seas'. Can anyone give insight to the sea conditions as the Aranui 3 travels between Tahiti and the Marquesas?

Sorry to respond so late, but I made the sailing in 2011 and had a great time, but we did have some rough days. I wrote about it in my blog: http://www.captainmcd.com/id38.html

If someone is sensative to motion, I would recommend a cabin on the lower decks. Our trip was a lot rougher than what I have experienced on a regular cruise ship, it is more like a real freighter.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I can only give my experience from an August 2011 voyage on the Aranui but it was a very calm sea and GREAT TRIP.

However, trying to predict weather conditions and seas on some part of the earth is certainly not anywhere near an exact science.

Tell you friend to go for it as the trip is well worth it.

I am posting on threads of cruisers that were on the Aranui. My husband and I are taking the trip in the fall and were wondering about bringing things for the children like frisbees, books (in French?), party favors ... stuff like that. Did anyone do that on your sailing? Your opinion please

Thanks, Diane

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread. Anyway, in case somebody new reads this.

In July and August, we had calm seas.

Diane,

I know you are back already and enjoyed the islands. :-)

In case somebody else drops by:

Our guide on the Aranui 2 said not to hand out gifts to the children because they are not supposed to get used to begging. I bought handcrafts from their parents, carvings, shell and seed jewelry, dried bananas.