When is the Pinnacle Grill dinner????

moorerf

We are booked on a 12 day Med cruise out of Venice next April. We have been able to add the explore 4 including the OBC as we are treating ourselves to a Neptune suite...The grill dinner says you will have a card in

your stateroom on boarding- does that mean you will just be assigned a night and time, no choice...if so can the concierge change the day and/or time if it is not convenient....It seems with a promotion like that there will be a great many people to accommodate and therefore little wiggle room for changes or for those who just want to add a pinnacle dinner...anyone had experience with this?????

We have had the Explore4 promotion 2 times and both times we were assigned a time and day.

Depending on how many people have the Explore4 promotion and any other promotion, that will determine if you can change the day and time.

On the Eurodam a couple of years ago, there were a ton of us with the Explore4 promotion and many others with special promos. No one could change days and times. The Pinnacle even opened at 5 to try and handle everyone.

We are booked on a 12 day Med cruise out of Venice next April. We have been able to add the explore 4 including the OBC as we are treating ourselves to a Neptune suite...The grill dinner says you will have a card in

your stateroom on boarding- does that mean you will just be assigned a night and time, no choice...if so can the concierge change the day and/or time if it is not convenient....It seems with a promotion like that there will be a great many people to accommodate and therefore little wiggle room for changes or for those who just want to add a pinnacle dinner...anyone had experience with this?????

I would be very surprised if the Neptune suite concierge could not get you whatever time you would like.

However,If you know your preference now, it wouldn't hurt to ask your TA to let HAL know of your desires now.

We booked the times and dates we wanted prior to boarding. We paid for them at the time of booking. The concierge credited us for the promo booking. In effect, we substituted the promo for one we booked ashore and received a credit for the one we booked ashore. Be sure and talk to the concierge.

We booked the times and dates we wanted prior to boarding. We paid for them at the time of booking. The concierge credited us for the promo booking. In effect, we substituted the promo for one we booked ashore and received a credit for the one we booked ashore. Be sure and talk to the concierge.

Good advice!

Glad to hear it works for Explore4 as that is what I planned to do (assuming I keep the Explore4 - we'll see what happens to pricing when it comes off ;) ).

I do the same thing for my 5* benefit. It's worked out so far ;)

I agree the Neptune concierge should be able to change it. If you want to settle the issue now, book (and pay for) it online. They will refund the charge to your shipboard ac at the Pinnacle. On some cruises Pinnacle is in heavy demand. On some it is not. We always book online, then claim a refund (as we are five star).

We were in the PS on the Eurodam.

No one could change anything -- concierges couldn't change anything.

I had already booked the Tamarind for the first night (and several other nights) and the Pinnacle Grill for several nights.

They were unable to change us from the first night so we had to change our Tamarind restaurant.

Also -- all our Pinnacle reservations were changed from 5:30 to 5 PM.

For both of our cruises, there was no Chef Rudi's special dinner night. I asked why and was told -- too many people getting free dinners and they could not set aside staff to handle the dinner for 18 people. And believe me -- they were packed all evening, every night -- including the back room where the special dinner has always been held.

We were in the PS on the Eurodam.

No one could change anything -- concierges couldn't change anything.

I had already booked the Tamarind for the first night (and several other nights) and the Pinnacle Grill for several nights.

They were unable to change us from the first night so we had to change our Tamarind restaurant.

Also -- all our Pinnacle reservations were changed from 5:30 to 5 PM.

For both of our cruises, there was no Chef Rudi's special dinner night. I asked why and was told -- too many people getting free dinners and they could not set aside staff to handle the dinner for 18 people. And believe me -- they were packed all evening, every night -- including the back room where the special dinner has always been held.

Wow....sound like booking and paying early is the way to go - then get refund - if exact date is important. I thought they would never say no to the PS (smile).

• 1 month later...

What if you are not in the PS or a Neptune Suite, but in a Vista Suite? I don't think we have any kind of Concierge. Does the same advice apply to book ahead and get a refund for the Explore 4 PG dinner? Try to change the time onboard? Ask our TA to try to suggest a time (we like 6 to 6:30 pm)? Or....??

Thanks

What if you are not in the PS or a Neptune Suite, but in a Vista Suite? I don't think we have any kind of Concierge. Does the same advice apply to book ahead and get a refund for the Explore 4 PG dinner? Try to change the time onboard? Ask our TA to try to suggest a time (we like 6 to 6:30 pm)? Or....??

Thanks

I assume since there were no responses that most folks here get a Neptune Suite with a Concierge. Since I am in a Vista Suite next time, I guess I will find the answer from my TA or another reliable source. Thank you.

I believe in a Vista suite you will have a telephone Concierge. If so, you can ask them, if not then go see the Pinnacle Grill Manager and ask for the change. Pinnacle Grill dinners are a perk of a Neptune Suite, and that is probably why so many people who are staying in one replied. Pinnacle Grill dinners are wonderful, and I hope that you are able to get the day and time you want.

When was a Pinnacle Grill dinner a perk for Neptune suite guest? I’ve missed out on my last 5 cruises!

Its not.

Although, on our cruise on the Koningsdam last Dec the Neptune passengers were treated to a great dinner the first night in the new venue (Test Kitchen I think it is called). Great meal and lots of free flowing wine!

Its not.

Although, on our cruise on the Koningsdam last Dec the Neptune passengers were treated to a great dinner the first night in the new venue (Test Kitchen I think it is called). Great meal and lots of free flowing wine!

We also enjoyed the free dinner last month 3 times! It was fantastic. They do charge you for the wine now but it never stops coming.

I assume since there were no responses that most folks here get a Neptune Suite with a Concierge. Since I am in a Vista Suite next time, I guess I will find the answer from my TA or another reliable source. Thank you.

I've never encountered a problem changing our PG dinner date and time by going straight to the PG and speaking to the manager on the first day. There is also a dining manager available near the atrium on one of the promenade decks that handles dining change requests. You don't need to be in a suite to do this.

From my experiences, it is very unusual that someone in the Pinnacle Suite could not get their reservations changed. I suspect there may have been some groups booked or issues with the reservation system that prevented changes or, unfortunately, just poor service. HAL has been doing the E4 promotion for too long now to find they no flexibility in scheduling.

I believe in a Vista suite you will have a telephone Concierge. If so, you can ask them, if not then go see the Pinnacle Grill Manager and ask for the change. Pinnacle Grill dinners are a perk of a Neptune Suite, and that is probably why so many people who are staying in one replied. Pinnacle Grill dinners are wonderful, and I hope that you are able to get the day and time you want.

PG dinners are not a perk for those in Neptune Suites. However, PG breakfast is a perk for NS occupants.

I'm sorry if I answered incorrectly, but we have always received a free Pinnacle Grill meal every time that we have stayed in a Neptune Suite or Pinnacle Suite. Perhaps it was a perk from booking with our Travel Agent. If so, then I am sorry.

I booked an Alaska cruise for May 2018. It had the pinnacle grill dinner included, but on the cruise confirmation, it didn't said anything about that. I emailed HAL and they told me that PG is completely booked on my sail, so they gave me $35 OBC p/p.

Is it common to be completely booked PG this far?

I booked an Alaska cruise for May 2018. It had the pinnacle grill dinner included, but on the cruise confirmation, it didn't said anything about that. I emailed HAL and they told me that PG is completely booked on my sail, so they gave me $35 OBC p/p.

Is it common to be completely booked PG this far?

Yes -- it happened to us on the Eurodam in 2015. HAL had so many promotions going on that the Pinnacle Grill had to open at 5 PM to try and take care of everyone.

We always try to book a PS and did have one on this cruise(s) -- Collectors Cruise.

Our 5 star Mariner (2 free Pinnacle dinners) and Explore4 package were all honored. But many other people were given a shipboard credit or offered a Canaletto dinner. Quite a few people were very mad.