Walmart or similar store near port in San Francisco or San Diego?

Since I don't know the area at all I haven't a clue when I look at a store locator map as to where it is. Either in San Francisco or San Diego. I need more specific info as to where to find what I want-name of area where port is would help.

Can't imagine anything being more specific than gmaps . Gmaps will draw a line from where you are to the store you just follow it.

Edited by geeko1

If I am correct you are cruising Vancouver to FLL through the canal. If that is true the simplest place to hit Walmart will actually be in Puerto Vallarta where it is literally across the street from the cruise port. Don’t know what you will need but if you can wait till PV it’s easy.

Just wondering if anyone knows of a walmart or a similar type store in either San Francisco or San Diego. I'm needing some things that are best gotten in that store. Thanks

I am afraid that the closest Walmart is in Richmond California 12.7 miles from the San Francisco Pier.

You are in much better luck with San Diego as there is a Walmart located 1.2 miles from the Pier at 2121 Imperial Avenue; Telephone Number 619-849-5729.

I am not sure what you need at the Walmart but if it is items that you could find in say a CVS or Walgreens store there are several within a mile or so of the port in San Francisco.

As mentioned in Puerto Vallarta there is a Walmart within a 10 minute walk of the dock. Is across the street. I've been there several times and it is similar to most Walmart's you would find in the USA.

Keith

There are NO Walmarts in San Francisco. The City has minimum "living" wages and mandatory health insurance laws :cool:

There are a couple of Walgreens near the Fisherman's Wharf area and a Target near the Moscone Convention Center.

• 2 weeks later...
You are in much better luck with San Diego as there is a Walmart located 1.2 miles from the Pier at 2121 Imperial Avenue; Telephone Number 619-849-5729.

That isn't a "Walmart" it is a Walmart Neighborhood Market, which is just a grocery store.

Target in Mission Valley would be the closest big box store I believe. You can get there using the trolley.

There's a CVS within walking distance (10 minutes) of the San Diego pier.

There is a Rite Aid in Little Italy even closer.

That isn't a "Walmart" it is a Walmart Neighborhood Market, which is just a grocery store.

Target in Mission Valley would be the closest big box store I believe. You can get there using the trolley.

There is a Rite Aid in Little Italy even closer.

Thanks for the info about the Rite Aid.

Depending on what the OP needs the Walmart Neighborhood market might have what is needed. Ours has good pharmacy and cosmetics. Also a smattering of other stuff, though no clothes. Does have a huge liquor dept.