Dancing of the ships

DutchCruiseFan

The first news already started coming and it is always my favorite subject to speculate about new homeports so I thought it was a good idea to start a new thread.

So now its confirmed Carnival Glory will reposition to New Orleans to cover for Carnival Triumph who will be in dry dock ( for 2 months !!! ).

I read that when Carnival signed a contract extension with Port of New Orleans that New Orleans were trying to persuade Carnival to operate three ships from New Orleans. Will Dream, Triump and Glory all operate from New Orleans? If so who will replace Glory in Miami.

Also, with Splendor going down under year round from 2019 who will replace her in on the west coast? Could een finally see a Dream class going to the west coast?

Vista 3 is also coming in 2019. With Norwegian having Breakaway in New Orleans for the winter of 2018 could we see Carnival operate Vista 3 or any other bigger ship operate from New Orleans coming winter 2019 to counter Norwegian if they want to send a big ship to New Orleans again?

Maybe Dream to the West Coast and Vista 3 replacing her in New Orleans?

Or what if Triumph replaces Glory in Miami, could we see the following line up in New Orleans?

- Carnival Vista 3

- Carnival Dream

- Carnival Glory

Or is that to much?😂

Anyway, there is a lot to speculate about and I was wondering what your thoughts and speculating look like.

The Splendor is actually staying in the Carnival fleet and not going to Australia now.

Also it seems likely that they would add additional capacity to Galveston before adding to New Orleans. So I would assume Galveston would see a Dream class ship and a Vista class ship before New Orleans would.

The first news already started coming and it is always my favorite subject to speculate about new homeports so I thought it was a good idea to start a new thread.

So now its confirmed Carnival Glory will reposition to New Orleans to cover for Carnival Triumph who will be in dry dock ( for 2 months !!! ).

I read that when Carnival signed a contract extension with Port of New Orleans that New Orleans were trying to persuade Carnival to operate three ships from New Orleans. Will Dream, Triump and Glory all operate from New Orleans? If so who will replace Glory in Miami.

Also, with Splendor going down under year round from 2019 who will replace her in on the west coast? Could een finally see a Dream class going to the west coast?

Vista 3 is also coming in 2019. With Norwegian having Breakaway in New Orleans for the winter of 2018 could we see Carnival operate Vista 3 or any other bigger ship operate from New Orleans coming winter 2019 to counter Norwegian if they want to send a big ship to New Orleans again?

Maybe Dream to the West Coast and Vista 3 replacing her in New Orleans?

Or what if Triumph replaces Glory in Miami, could we see the following line up in New Orleans?

- Carnival Vista 3

- Carnival Dream

- Carnival Glory

Or is that to much?😂

Anyway, there is a lot to speculate about and I was wondering what your thoughts and speculating look like.

Splendor is NOT going down under.

Long Beach has been selling well and will be getting a ship to replace the Splendor. If the Triumph gets a remodel like the Destiny, I could see it being the Triumph (or whatever they name it) to Long Beach. The Sunshine/Triumph is just small enough that it could do Alaska part of the year as well (Vista Class is too big to access some of those ports).

According to this article, the Splendor is not going anywhere. Another P&O ship is headed to Australia.

https://cruisefever.net/cruise-ship-staying-carnivals-fleet/

But the end of the article is what everyone on here is taking about. Carnival Australia will have two year around ship as opposed to one plus the Legend for half the year. Either Legend will be down there year around or another Carnival ship will have to take its place.

But the end of the article is what everyone on here is taking about. Carnival Australia will have two year around ship as opposed to one plus the Legend for half the year. Either Legend will be down there year around or another Carnival ship will have to take its place.

I know that. But they also said the Splendor is not going. John Heald said the same thing. Believe what you want. Both locations are too far away for me to sail on it. Bummer.

Long Beach has been selling well and will be getting a ship to replace the Splendor. If the Triumph gets a remodel like the Destiny, I could see it being the Triumph (or whatever they name it) to Long Beach. The Sunshine/Triumph is just small enough that it could do Alaska part of the year as well (Vista Class is too big to access some of those ports).

Size doesn't seem to matter in Alaska anymore. NCL will be putting Bliss up there and she will be over 167,000 GT.

My money is on the Splendor going to Australia (as rumors have speculated and it was shown on a dry dock list in Singapore in a FB post from a ship construction group ) and the Glory going to Long Beach with the Triumph going to Miami with 2 ships in the N.O. Market...

GoCCL gives different dates.

•  
  • Dry Dock: 3/02/19-5/01/19

•  

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1569/~/carnival-triumph-%28ti%29-fact-sheet

They’ve changed the booking engine as well. The other day you couldn’t book either past like feb 6th. Now you can book Triumph for all of feb and you can book glory out of New Orleans in March.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My money is on the Splendor going to Australia (as rumors have speculated and it was shown on a dry dock list in Singapore in a FB post from a ship construction group ) and the Glory going to Long Beach with the Triumph going to Miami with 2 ships in the N.O. Market...

I could see Splendor taking over the Australia/Alaska routes that Legend has now, and then a Conquest, Dream, or Vista class ship taking over the Mexican Riviera routes Splendor will be inheriting from Miracle. Legend would sail from Sydney year round.

If Glory goes to Long Beach, Horizon would likely go to New Orleans and then Vista 3 takes over for Horizon in Miami. Either that or Port Canaveral gets a Vista class ship and Breeze goes to New Orleans.

Okay apparently Splendor hasn't been named as year round Australia just yet altough I really thought I read it somewhere. Sorry for that. But with Carnival wanting two ships sailing from Australia year round I still think she will end up in Australia.

Carnival Australia Executive Chairman Ann Sherry also announced that Carnival Cruise Line intends to increase its Australia operation to two ships sailing full-time in 2020.

I could see Splendor taking over the Australia/Alaska routes that Legend has now, and then a Conquest, Dream, or Vista class ship taking over the Mexican Riviera routes Splendor will be inheriting from Miracle. Legend would sail from Sydney year round.

If Glory goes to Long Beach, Horizon would likely go to New Orleans and then Vista 3 takes over for Horizon in Miami. Either that or Port Canaveral gets a Vista class ship and Breeze goes to New Orleans.

Or even the Valor going to replace the Splendor in Long Beach with Breeze going to N.O and Glory going to Galveston and a Vista class going to Port Canaveral... I just can't see a Vista class going to N.O.

You have it all wrong .