QE/QV Transatlantic

flag fan

I have taken 2 transatlantic crossings on the QM2 and am now considering a transatlantic cruise on either the Queen Victoria or Queen Elizabeth (some great fares available). Will it be a similar experience. What I liked about QM2 was the number of activities scheduled--lectures, shows, wine tastings, games, etc. so that even without ports of call, there was always something to do. Other cruise lines seem to have a lot fewer activities during sea days. Are Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth transatlantic sailings similar to those on the Queen Mary 2?

Hi,

I have done transatlantic crossings on the QM2 and the Queen Victoria (an eight-day crossing in May 2015 that was the final segment of the World Cruise). The Queen Victoria provided a similar experience as the QM2 with plenty of activities (lectures, etc.) on the sea days.

Chuck

I have done two transatlantics on the QE and there were more activities available then you could do. One of these was booked when Cunard was having some bargain basement prices to fill the ship before world voyage passengers embarked in Fort Lauderdale.

It will be exactly the same ! this is the brand image of any cruise or voyage taken on Cunard Line. However, it'll be bit more bumpy.

They times I have been on QE and QV across the Atlantic the ship traveled further south to avoid the extreme weather, It was obviously warmer as well. Also so far we have always docked at The Manhattan Cruise Terminal when travelling on the Vista Class Queens . The QM2 has also docked in Manhattan a few times when I have been on board. Although this year it has always been Brooklyn for QM2.

Crossings on QV and QM are great! You will find yourself just as busy as on a QM2 crossing, there is always something going on. As said before, the ships do not sail quite as smoothly as the QM2, so it may be a bumpier ride, but that really has not been a problem as they still handle rough sees very well: