Anthem Deck 13 Noise Level?

There was a thread a while back when Quantum / Anthem debuted complaining of significant noise impacting deck 13 cabins (you can search for it). Biggest gripe was pool deck and solarium power washing and lawn chair dragging around 5am. Some cabins also picked up pool and hot tub noise. Was assigned a deck 13 cabin as a gty last spring but swapped it for an ob on deck 6. Preferred restricted view over potential noise issues. Turned out well as view was only minimally obstructed.

While I have not stayed in that spot on Anthem, I have been under pools on other ships before and it was very noisy. They move the deck chairs every night to put them away and then drag them out very early the next morning. If at all possible, it is always best to book a cabin that is above and below other cabins.

• 5 years later...
11 minutes ago, Baby let's cruise away said:

I’m considering cabin #13244 onboard Anthem of the Seas. The location is midship and I’m guessing it should not be noisy…..anyone have an experience to the contrary?

Thanks

That cabin is under the Living Room which is a teen area.  Shouldn't be too noisy.  I have stayed in 13640 on the opposite side of the ship and had lots of noise late at night.  That area is under the galley that serves Johnny Rockets and Coastal Kitchen.  I would stay away from that area.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We recently completed a cruise staying in Cabin 13548. The noise level has made this the least liked cruise I've ever been on. Firstly, you are underneath Deck 14, the main pool, jacuzzi and solarium area. If you are unlucky you will also have the motor noise from those areas. We didn't but we had constant footfall above our heads particularly in the early morning. At 7am one morning, we had a child running up and down constantly and shouting 'mom' non stop. Opposite our cabin was a crew door which was constantly active and noisy. We were positioned immediately next to a passenger stairwell so plenty of noise there. To top it off, one cabin next to us was a couple with a toddler which you could hear every so often. However, on the other side there was a family of four that was non stop noise. Had to go to Customer Service three times about them. Requested a room change but knew immediately by her attitude, that this was not going to happen.

To say this cruise was nothing but a negative experience would be wrong. However, being on Deck 13 and especially on a ship with such high passenger levels, and more kids that's I've ever seen on a ship, has turned me off cruising on this ship.

Surely in this day and age, there is an algorithm that says we don't like being placed in such noisy areas of ships and here we go again, we are put in a place that makes you regret booking another cruise. Avoid deck 13 if you want a relaxing cruise.

2 hours ago, Chaz1137 said:

Surely in this day and age, there is an algorithm that says we don't like being placed in such noisy areas of ships and here we go again, we are put in a place that makes you regret booking another cruise.

Welcome to CC.

The "algorithm" is come and ask about ideal cabin location on any ship BEFORE you book.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2023 at 4:24 AM, Chaz1137 said:

Surely in this day and age, there is an algorithm that says we don't like being placed in such noisy areas of ships and here we go again, we are put in a place that makes you regret booking another cruise.

Surely NO ONE wants to be placed in a noisy area like that, right?  Who selects rooms thinking "man, you know what i want, deck chairs!"  ( I was recently on a cruise on another line where i could hear every chord played in the main theater and one of the small cabarets. Enough to identify the song.  During rehearsal, during shows.  Not my favorite cabin, still a fabulous cruise.)  If you book a guarantee (or in my case, the last room available in the category and I didn't want to pay more), expect a high chance it isn't going to be great.  

Otherwise, you need to select your own room.  You can then avoid ship noise, but not passenger based ones. You can get the most expensive cabin on the ship, and still manage to have a noisy child next to you.  Or hey, noisy adults- I personally have preferred the cabins next to crying babies over the ones next to frequent, ahem, adult noise.

Edited by skittl1321

We are booked on the Anthem Class sister ship Oydessy, November 2024. We have been on the Anthem specifically on deck 12 amidship balcony on the port side to see the sunrise on journeys south from Bayonne.

We still heard in the distance much screeching of deck chairs being dragged about 5am in the morning. We are early risers so this was just a wake-up call for us. I could not even imaging how much louder it was one deck above.

We would only consider a deck below the pool or "Lido" deck if it was away from noise making actions. There are a few in the fleet that have good areas to be bur you have to know what to look for.

Too many stories similar to yours .

7 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

I am on the Anthem currently on deck 13, room 13636.  We are right under Johnny Rockets and it hasn’t been any problem at all.

And that could be a great place. The seats do not move, only foot traffic and the hours are limited. The floors are mopped and not pressure washed.

What are the operating hours of Johnny Rockets on your current cruise if I may ask?

Like I said, some locations are better than others on deck 13 of the Anthem class.

15 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

And that could be a great place. The seats do not move, only foot traffic and the hours are limited. The floors are mopped and not pressure washed.

What are the operating hours of Johnny Rockets on your current cruise if I may ask?

Like I said, some locations are better than others on deck 13 of the Anthem class.

11:30-6 each day.

9 hours ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

11:30 am to 6 pm each day?

If so, that does not seem to make any noise that would interrupt a good night's sleep?

You had one of the good 13 deck cabins!

😁

Correct.  11:30 am - 6 pm for hamburgers and fries.  No breakfast.  Our room is so quiet everyday.  We have 5 more days of enjoyment.  We were supposed to be going to Bermuda, but due to hurricane Tammy we are headed to Nova Scotia.