Towel animals

Sabres fan

I heard that Carnival is now charging for the towel animals in your cabin. Has any one else heard this? Is this true? I thought the ones they did in your cabin were free. I also thought you could buy them to take home if you wanted. Thanks

Towel animals are still part of the room steward's nightly cabin service , or if you elect to have just morning service once daily, you will find a T. A. then. I've never heard of a charge for them, and I've never heard of someone bringing them home, since they usually fall apart when moving them anyway.

There is a charge for an instruction book on how to make them however.

I can't either but the day could come when they are no longer offered or only at the Diamond level. I am not being sarcastic.

I agree- I don't see them charging for it, but it is a privilege that could be selective in its offering...

Personally, having been on many cruises, they're cute for about 3 seconds then they get tossed on the floor or reused... unless I'm travelling with a new cruiser or with kids, I'd be okay passing on the towel critters!

I guess you could take one home... but it would just be towels and you'd have to fold them when you got home. :) There used to be a stuffed 'towel animal' for sale in the gift shop. Not sure if it's still available or not.

I've never heard anything about charging for towel animals - I wonder where people get these ideas.

On our last cruise on the Breeze, I was keeping all the animals in a menagerie on the couch. One day I knocked the frog over and tried to fix it but it looked pretty bad. When we returned from dinner it was all fixed. I was so impressed that the steward would do that. We thanked him and he got a nice tip.

On our last cruise on the Breeze, I was keeping all the animals in a menagerie on the couch. One day I knocked the frog over and tried to fix it but it looked pretty bad. When we returned from dinner it was all fixed. I was so impressed that the steward would do that. We thanked him and he got a nice tip.

This happened to me on our last cruise... and the steward fixed it that night. And the next night... and the next night! He just kept moving the frog from the back of the sofa to the bed!

I was fine with this, as I mentioned previously, the towel critters aren't that big a thing, but I could see if you've got new cruisers or kids, part of the delight of cruising is seeing which towel animal you'll get that night!

I heard that Carnival is now charging for the towel animals in your cabin. Has any one else heard this? Is this true? I thought the ones they did in your cabin were free. I also thought you could buy them to take home if you wanted. Thanks

Hi Sabres Fan, I am a Sabres fan too!

Can't see charging for the TA as others have said. Perhaps it was the book your friend was referring too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the Dream last month, I was saddened to encounter just two towel animals in our cabin during our week aboard. Worst cabin steward service EVER - similar problems with bed-making and towel replenishment...after personally asking him for service twice a day. The average wasn't even once per day!

However, for the very first time, I did see the Towel Animal take-over near the main pool early one morning. The had a handful of staff working on this project for 90 minutes or so. Some Serenity towels were used to make larger animals who lined the two benches at poolside (same series of animals in the same order on each side of the pool). There was even a wooden "house" with loads of little piglet towel animals inside.