Island escape for sale

mjsshipboy

Hi mjsshipboy, that has been doing the rounds for a few years now. @ this moment in time the good ship IE will be doing a minimum of 2 more years with Thomson's as an all inclusive itinerary starting 2013 and 2014.

IMHO the ship has been ruined by being bought by Thomsons and trying to put there stamp on it..it was a lot better when run by Island cruises.

RR

IE is the only ship Thomson OWNS. They lease the other ships from Louis Cruise Lines.

If someone came up with the cash, they would get rid of it in a heartbeat, I can assure you. Other lines have pulled a ship mid-season when someone has wanted to purchase it.

I wouldn't worry too much though, there is a lot of great hardware on the market right now, due to financial difficulties with many companies. I know for a fact (yes, a fact) that Royal Caribbean had trouble selling the "Viking Serenade". Thomson Cruises actually came to look at the ship when it was sailing out of Los Angeles, to charter it from Royal... they were not interested.

That is how Island Cruises came into existance. They couldn't sell the ship - they didn't want it in their fleet anymore - so they started the joint venture with First Choice.

The ship was almost ten years younger then than it is now, so I am sure Thomson will struggle to sell this ship... especially at the price they are asking.

I had seen that advert before Thomson bought the Good ship IE ...that ship has more charisma than any other ships in it's class. hate those 3k people ships ..no atmosphere what ever.

Ps mjsshipboy..your either up late or up very early ;)

I had seen that advert before Thomson bought the Good ship IE ...that ship has more charisma than any other ships in it's class. hate those 3k people ships ..no atmosphere what ever.

Ps mjsshipboy..your either up late or up very early ;)

I'm in Europe at the moment!

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
Further to RRs post....she is now en route to Brest from Malta and is due there on 6th December at 1300......it will be interesting to see what happens then! :)

She will be transferred to a Chinese travel agent (Diamond Cruise International Co., Limited, is operated by Suzhou Taihu Travel Co.) in Mar. 2016.

http://taihuguolv.com/taihuyoulun/

Edited by grinning

Yes...as you see in the picture , a lot of repairs are going to happen at Celestyal Odyssey to be renamed Brilliant of the Seas that will increase the Gross tonnage. Also if you have an account in Equasis.org search about Celestyal Oddysey.

You will see that the manager is : DIAMOND CRUISE INTERNATIONAL Care of Optimum Shipmanagement Services SA , 4-6, Filellinon Street, 185 36 Piraeus, Greece. since 28/10/2015

If you open the link in Chinese you will see that the company is Diamond Cruise International

also the ship is the explorer / celestyal odyssey

see the 2 pics :

20150915_203042.jpg

and now how she is

2357633.jpg

Edited by CretaMed88

The gross tonnage of "Brilliant of the Seas" is 40,000 t, not 24318 t.

Island Escape is on currently her way to France. Her new name is Ocean Gala. There have been reports on the internet that she is going to Diamond Cruises in China, some of those reports have since changed and named the 'Aegean Paradise' as the ship sold to Diamond Cruises.