Island escape 2weeks today

muffinman1

Denise you going on the 21st to on island escape, how will I recognise you, I will be the Scotsman in a rangers top every day, you,ll know me, come say hello

Alex x

Not taking the kilt then?;):D

Not taking it this time, but have taken it on every other holiday I've been, need the weight allowance for my duty free, just the way you said not taking the kilt, have we met before?

Maybe. Were you the chap in Lanzarote a few years ago at Los Zocos in Costa Teguise who actually took his bagpipes on holiday and marched up and down playing them every evening behind our apartment?:eek:

Jan

sorry to dissapoint you, but no it wasnt me Jan, but ive been on cruises before with it on and benidorm, dominican republic, jamacia, mexico, turkey, etc etc, :cool:

Alex

Funny though, when we went to Scotland for the Commonwealth Games and a trip to Kinlochleven I didn't see one kilt. Beautiful scenery though, nasty midges got me.:eek:

Jan

Not many men wear kilts now a days , I got mine 9 years ago now and it's still in pristine condition, you should have came to see me, and besides the kilt, I'd have let you see the monster :eek: ;) :D. , yeah the midges are terrible up in the remoter parts.

Alex x

Not many men wear kilts now a days , I got mine 9 years ago now and it's still in pristine condition, you should have came to see me, and besides the kilt, I'd have let you see the monster, yeah the midges are terrible up in the remoter parts.

Alex x

"I'd have let you see the monster" :eek::eek::eek: For the first time ever I'm speechless.

I do happen to have a kilt in the wardrobe, a ladies one left by the previous owner, too big for me though. My mother used to dress me in one as a child, it had a great big safety pin on the side. Oh! the memories!:D When does midge season end? I'd love to go back walking but couldn't cope with the nasty little things. It's not as if you feel them biting, we were home by the time the bites started to itch, it carried on for over a week. They don't play fair.

On the plus side there should be no mozzies for you.:)

Jan

Edited by ekco

Hi Jan

Long time no communicate (been lying low).

That safety pin you refer to is called a Kilt Pin! I was also put into a kilt as a child but, then again, it's in my blood to wear one.;)

Mozzies don't like the cold so you could always venture across the border again either in the Spring or late Autumn.:D

Jan:)

Edited by skioncruises

Hi Jan

Long time no communicate (been lying low).

That safety pin you refer to is called a Kilt Pin! I was also put into a kilt as a child but, then again, it's in my blood to wear one.;)

Mozzies don't like the cold so you could always venture across the border again either in the Spring or late Autumn.:D

Hi Jan

Where have you been all this time? Is it safe to venture across the border now the referendum is over?;) We had a lovely holiday apart from our one night stay just outside Glasgow (for the Games) where we arrived at an inn that was completely locked. I won't say where to save their blushes, you do get what you pay for. When we eventually got an answer we had a 'cheery' :rolleyes:welcome from a man who was just like Lurch from the Adam's Family, lol. After a hasty retreat next morning we drove north to the highlands and had a fab time the rest of the week. Stunning scenery right from Loch Lomond to Kinlochleven.:)

I stand corrected on the 'safety pin' lol. We all wore kilts then in the winter as the royal children did. Showing my age there.

Jan

Edited by ekco

Denise you going on the 21st to on island escape, how will I recognise you, I will be the Scotsman in a rangers top every day, you,ll know me, come say hello

Alex x

We don't get on till late Alex our flight leaves Alicante at 17.30. Were a party of 10 (5 couples) if we decide on the fancy dress I´ll be the one in the pink wig :D

Denise

Hi Jan

Where have you been all this time? Is it safe to venture across the border now the referendum is over?;) We had a lovely holiday apart from our one night stay just outside Glasgow (for the Games) where we arrived at an inn that was completely locked. I won't say where to save their blushes, you do get what you pay for. When we eventually got an answer we had a 'cheery' :rolleyes:welcome from a man who was just like Lurch from the Adam's Family, lol. After a hasty retreat next morning we drove north to the highlands and had a fab time the rest of the week. Stunning scenery right from Loch Lomond to Kinlochleven.:)

I stand corrected on the 'safety pin' lol. We all wore kilts then in the winter as the royal children did. Showing my age there.

Jan

Hi Jan

As I said I've been lying low. Have been reading on a daily basis and have often felt like interacting on both sites but decided against it as the moderator would probably have banned me on several occasions.:eek:

Glad you enjoyed your foray across the border and don't see why you shouldn't come back again. We were actually taught a song at school "Will Ye No' Come Back Again" which is often sang to people when they are leaving after a visit. The west coast, compared to the east, definitely has lovely scenery which is caused by the climate and weather on that side. Not to say there are not other parts of the country which are equally nice in a different way.

Although I said Spring and Autumn, providing you use the Skin So Soft religiously all over exposed skin before venturing out, anytime is a good time to visit.

Chicken... not saying where you were "locked out". What you want to do is come back and find a hostelry where you get "locked in". They do exist.:D

Bet your kilt was the Royal Stewart tartan (red) - think that's all they sold.

Hi Jan

Bet your kilt was the Royal Stewart tartan (red) - think that's all they sold.

Do you know, I seem to remember it was green but I might have had a red one as well. It was a long time ago.

Don't worry about the moderator, we haven't had any trouble since we all went on a break to the Hebridean forum a couple of years ago.

We will definitely be back to Scotland, we had a look at coach and stay just the other week to save the long drive but we're going to be running out of daylight soon. Can you believe B&Q has a Christmas tree outside and decorations and lights for sale AND they've been there for over a week!:eek:

Back on thread. Thomson have been sending me offers for cruises in the last few weeks. How cruel is that?

Jan

No it's not fancy dress, but if it was a week later it would have been Halloween , dress ed up before on I/E at Halloween , also dressed as pirates on the celebration, but that was in the middle of November lol, we just love to dress up, we dressed as king tut and cleopatra when we were in Egypt 2 years ago, but I need all the room to spare in my cases this cruise for my duty free

Alex